Council tells iraq veteran: Try the homeless shelter

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by 2/51, Nov 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In Fally to my knowledge, there are neither gunners nor RM. Walt alarm???

2. Fuss about **** all. Whilst he is housed they cannot give him priority, once he is back in the uK they tell him to contact the homeless hotline. Could this be the quickest way to get a house? Probably but not good enough for our hero obviously he must have all accommodation laid on for the instant he wants it.

3. To be fair to the council, they found this Iraqi veteran a fully furnished home straight away.....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Perhaps he should have saved some money in 11 years and worked on lining up a job before getting out?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Look at Jabal Saville showing off his freshly acquired poo finger.

• Like Like x 5
  6. And what would be the point of that?

Feckless and spendthrift is the way to go if you want to get your hands on some of the benefits and welfare that are available.

• Like Like x 1

7. Apologies, I never quite got the hang of that...

8. I find it difficult to feel anything, especially outraged about this, bored maybe, but definitely not outraged.

9. Fancy a brew?

NATO?

10. That did get me twithing...but who knows...We have not had a knock on the door despite normally being the first port of call for a case like this.

11. To be fair it says he was "honourably discharged", perhaps he was expecting another 11 years of being a Royal Marine Gunner in Fally?

12. So if I signed off tomorrow, would the headlined read "Afghan vet and his family shamefully made homeless."?

The reality should read "******** has a strop at work, signs off and has no home to show for it."

Naturally I'm not stupid enough to brave 1(UK) Civ Div. I'll take SFA and my payslip any day thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Not a walt - bit of JPA interrogation easy enough to find, not a Royal though or a gunner -

Yes, i am bored

14. This thread is in dire need of revving up. How do you think that you're going to gain any reaction without the obligatory "John nie Foreigner" comments?