Council tax

Can some one advise on this problem please .
My daughter is in the Army and stationed about 300 miles away from her husband.
When she went to Afghanistan he applied for the reduction in Council tax for single occupancy . He has explained that when she is in UK she only gets home occasionally. By the way he isn't in the forces.His application to his local council has been turned down.

Seems grossly unfair to me that she has to pay council tax where she is stationed and again at her husbands area.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks in advance


Keep on at the council mate. I was married unaccompanied and my Mrs only paid single occupancy for our house in Glasgow.

With any council in Rip-Off Britain you have to fight tooth and nail to get anything.

Good luck.
God that was bloody fast , I had only just sent the question and back comes the response , just goes to show how good this site is
Thanks mate , appreciate the help

Similar threads