council tax and home owners

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by bridgetjones, Jan 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. i have been led to believe that a service home owner in uk, posted away from their house in uk can claim reinbursment for council tax and are eligable for extra warrents to go back to the house and check it.

    If this is so, why dont we have a similer facility provided from cyprus?

    Anybody know?

    has anyone got a similer problem?[/img]
  2. I have never heard of this before.

    Council tax is payable if the house is occupied, and most councils waive some or all charges if the house is empty. Receiving warrants to check on a house is not allowed. Good idea though !
  3. From:

    No idea why this should not be the case for those serving in Cyprus, except the cost of course.

    Hope this helps. :D
  4. I stand corrected ! Thanks Oracle. :D
  5. Just remember though, you need to be the sole name on the council tax bill or you will not be entitled to claim !!!

    SPS Branches are getting quite strict on this.

    You also have to be living in publicly funded accommodation, or privately renting. You can't be living in a property you own, and going back to visit another property you own. SO if you are a property tycoon - you are out of luck as well