• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

council hosing TA

i have recently joined the TA and il soon be leaving home.However as it stood a year ago(when i was not in the TA) there was no way i would get a council property unless i had kids(not gonna happen just for a house)

is there any kind of of support/welfare for service men on this issue?

Last edited:
ive recently joined the TA and il soon be leaving home.However as it stood a year ago(when i wasnt in the TA) there was no way id get a council property unless i had kids(not gonna happen just for a house...lol)
Did you ever think that it might be time to learn how to write like an adult?

ive recently joined the TA and il soon be leaving home.However as it stood a year ago(when i wasnt in the TA) there was no way id get a council property unless i had kids(not gonna happen just for a house...lol)
I thought there is a hose pipe ban in operation.

M

mogwaimarshall

Did you ever think that it might be time to learn how to write like an adult?
seriously this is a windup or you really are a complete and utter cock. what makes you are entitled to housing because you are in the ta. ive been in 12 years and have never heard such crap. seriously if you are that thick how the hell did you pass selection

seriously this is a windup or you really are a complete and utter cock. what makes you are entitled to housing because you are in the ta. ive been in 12 years and have never heard such crap. seriously if you are that thick how the hell did you pass selection
i was just asking advice about it.
there is a 15+ waiting list for a singe British male on the council list
and i don't think im entitled to free housing i just don't see why dole dossiers just because the have a child should get it so easy.and i passed selection quite easily thanks.geuss they were really desperate to make up the numbers 12 years ago.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
He didn't ask for housing he asked if there was any support or welfare available.

I've known of reservists who have gone to the British Legion and SSAFA with welfare issues including housing so there is support and welfare available which reservists can access. That said it sounds as if the OP wants to leave his parents home which hardly makes it a welfare issue as he is not being made homeless.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
He didn't ask for housing he asked if there was any support or welfare available.

I've known of reservists who have gone to the British Legion and SSAFA with welfare issues including housing so there is support and welfare available which reservists can access. That said it sounds as if the OP wants to leave his parents home which hardly makes it a welfare issue as he is not being made homeless.
1. Posted in the property section.
2. Thread title reads "Council Housing TA" (altered to correct spelling)
3. Asked for Support/Welfare with ref to Council Housing.

See where I'm going with this, it's all about getting help gaining council housing.

Get a grip Ben. Plenty of people are unimpressed with the "dole dossers" but you are, like me, a civvie who plays soldiers every so often. ALL TA are civvies unless they are mobilised.

You have a home with your parents. Leaving that property will be viewed as making yourself deliberately homeless. That means you are of no interest to the council housing department.

Join up as a reg, stay at home for now or get a better paid job and rent your own place. Or get a girlfriend who has her own place and move in !

The RBL etc. can help but you are not in true need so you won't be a priority.

are you that bloke thats been sleeping in the bedfords round the back of the TAC?

If your a single bloke with no health issues councils not going to house you.
Do you really want a one bedroom flat next to addicts the mental etc etc which is what gets housed. the joys of need based letting.

Latest Threads