Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Council Enforcement Officers - Are they trained by the Gestapo?

I'd be impressed if I saw council "enforcers" walk in to the nearest pikey camp, knee deep in human sh1te and dead ponies, and start issuing tickets.
I spent time "in-between" jobs doing parking enforcement, I got looked at as if I had a death wish when I carried out my normal enforcement duties in Appleby during horse fair week on my own! ;)

A while ago I was cycling on the pavement and two plastic plods/ PCSO,s asked me to stop.
"Can I just stop you for a moment?"
I replied NO.
They repeated the question and I told them to F*ck off.
A couple of days later I was on foot in the same place and the same plastic plods were kitted out with brand new mountain bikes and all of the protective gear.

Cool story bro. That taught them.

Wonderful item in my local rag.

OAP bought a pork pie from a Manchester branch of M&S, left the supermarket, unwrapped said pie, placed wrapper in pocket. Crumbs of pie fell to ground.

"Enforcement Officers" filmed the dropping of the pie crumbs then issued said OAP with a £50 fixed penalty notice.

OAP protested to Council who then dropped the case.

I mean, really.

OAP bought a pork pie from a Manchester branch of M&S, left the supermarket, unwrapped said pie, placed wrapper in pocket. Crumbs of pie fell to ground.

"Enforcement Officers" filmed the dropping of the pie crumbs then issued said OAP with a £50 fixed penalty notice.

I mean, really.

Wednesbury Reasonableness applies I suspect - a decision so unreasonable that a reasonable person, acting reasonably, could never come to that conclusion.

A while ago I was cycling on the pavement and two plastic plods/ PCSO,s asked me to stop.
"Can I just stop you for a moment?"
I replied NO.
They repeated the question and I told them to F*ck off.
A couple of days later I was on foot in the same place and the same plastic plods were kitted out with brand new mountain bikes and all of the protective gear.

A track suit wearing mong cycling on the pavement shouted at me to get out of his way. I shouted back that he could **** off and laughed as he nearly collided with a bus stop shelter. I noted that he was very gobby but only shouted abuse as he pedalled away quickly.

Cyclists on the pavement? Stupid cnuts - the lot of them...

Unless of course they are kids on kiddy bikes etc.

Which one are you then?

I believe that there is also a need to prove intent to show an offence has been committed, not sure how that would apply to an interface with a rubbish Nazi but if they have a body cam on it might be worth saying something on the lines of 'really i dropped something that wasn't intentional thank you i will go back and pick it up' may cause problems for them evidentiary speaking

but I'll wait for someone else to try that first and see how they get on

I mean, really.
Or, to put it another way...
Official carries out his instructions without bias, the crumbs fall within the definition of litter that was given by a previous poster, official doesn't assume authority that he doesn't have, OAP follows appeals procedure, council upholds appeal, fine is rescinded.

What is the point of the news story? To show that a procedure is working perfectly? Or that the editor has a political agenda and puts a different slant on it for his own aims?

The power of the media - "Gairmany calling, Gairmany calling...". Now who is the little Hitler?

One of enforcement officers said that some people carry bags with pebbles in and pretend to pick up. It’s really not hard to pick up dog shit.
Depends......
1524310050791.png

That would be like securing a trifle to a concrete wall with Plasticine nails. :pale:

Ok. My two pence worth. I've spun this dit about my seriously kinetic frontline military service before, but when I was in the ATC, I got dicked for car park duty rather a lot. This involved telling people where to park in a field at airshows/country fayres etc.

As the Arrse intelligentsia can appreciate, if you want to park X amounts of cars in a field, it helps to fill it up from the bottom.

Try explaining that to these mongs, who, to a man, insisted on parking "near the entrance" so no other fücker could get in.

People were also wanting to park in the shade so they could leave their dog in a hot car whilst the shade moved.

The fact that we were in ATC uniform brought all types of scorn upon us, even though we were merely being helpful, and weren't using it to infer any kind of authority (!).

Watching the end of the show become gridlocked to road-rage as they all refused to follow well-intentioned traffic direction was a thing of great hilarity.

The RSPCA also broke into a few cars to rescue distressed dogs at our behest, which made up for the abuse we'd been subjected to for our helpfulness.

So sorry, @dingerr You weren't there man, you just weren't there.

(Stares off into middle distance)

Last edited:
A track suit wearing mong cycling on the pavement shouted at me to get out of his way. I shouted back that he could **** off and laughed as he nearly collided with a bus stop shelter. I noted that he was very gobby but only shouted abuse as he pedalled away quickly.

Cyclists on the pavement? Stupid cnuts - the lot of them...

Unless of course they are kids on kiddy bikes etc.

Which one are you then?
OK.Hands up, I do ride on the pavement where possible and it is safe for me and other pavement users. If plod decides to nick me for doing so I will simply shrug and pay the fine. I`d rather be in a Magistrates Court than a Hospital Ward.

I also ride on the pavement, until some **** parks a car on it and I have to go on the road.
Yeah, I`ve got a particular hatred for twats that stick their cars on pavements. Any "damage" they receive is definitely deserved. Not that I would engage in such an educational activity. Oh deary me no.