Council Enforcement Officers - Are they trained by the Gestapo?

I believe that there is also a need to prove intent to show an offence has been committed, not sure how that would apply to an interface with a rubbish Nazi but if they have a body cam on it might be worth saying something on the lines of 'really i dropped something that wasn't intentional thank you i will go back and pick it up' may cause problems for them evidentiary speaking

but I'll wait for someone else to try that first and see how they get on
There was a case of someone successfully prosecuted for dropping banknotes. Don't know if they ever appealed.

The need for such nonsense demonstrates a failure of upbringing in general.

The concentration of such efforts on normal people represents a failure by the state to control crime.

Far easier to take on Mr and Mrs average, than the Stoke Newington young person's knife and bud appreciation club, or the Dewsbury Masjid Dating club (young care home girls especially welcome).

But give it five minutes, it is Monday and some dildo from the Home office will be out in a moment to tell us it is all the Internet's fault; and they are taking on net giants too.

OK.Hands up, I do ride on the pavement where possible and it is safe for me and other pavement users. If plod decides to nick me for doing so I will simply shrug and pay the fine. I`d rather be in a Magistrates Court than a Hospital Ward.
I believe now that cycling on the pavement is no longer an offence ( change early this year I think)

I believe now that cycling on the pavement is no longer an offence ( change early this year I think)
The council that I'm doing work for is still putting up shared-use signs which would tend to indicate that cycling on a footway remains a naughtiness.

Ah, but mooring time limits are statutory, and not bylaw. They do enforce statute and are happy to breach the same laws while doing it.
True. But the boats in question were registered continuous cruisers who managed to wànk it off for 11 months. Meanwhile CRT were running a consultation to try to charge CCers who genuinely cruise but have a range of less than 300 miles more on their licence. All this while unwashed hippies in Bath, London and similar places flagrantly take the P right under their noses.

Punishing the many because of the few springs to mind.

They are a shower of shite, and they are now going to waste more money on yet another rebranding exercise, despite going through the same exercise a mere 6 years ago.

True. But the boats in question were registered continuous cruisers who managed to wànk it off for 11 months. Meanwhile CRT were running a consultation to try to charge CCers who genuinely cruise but have a range of less than 300 miles more on their licence. All this while unwashed hippies in Bath, London and similar places flagrantly take the P right under their noses.

Punishing the many because of the few springs to mind.

They are a shower of shite, and they are now going to waste more money on yet another rebranding exercise, despite going through the same exercise a mere 6 years ago.
There is no requirement in the relevant act to cover any distance if you have no home mooring.

Absolutely correct. Doesn't stop them trying though. Whilst ignoring those who ignore the statutory requirement to be engaged in bona fide cruising.
I don't think offenders have been ignored, the enforcement was just over the top in some places, and not bothered in others. A lot of licence holders have been harassed by enforcement officers that don't know the law, or were deliberately lying about it, they seem to have employed bent ex coppers as a priority.

Imo there should be more of the fat scruffy bastards patrolling the streets. Anyone who litters should be twatted, its a gopping way of conducting oneself & you're a peasant if you so much as drop a fag end.
Give the litter SS a BFO cattle prod too & zap any gobby twats,

I don't think offenders have been ignored, the enforcement was just over the top in some places, and not bothered in others. A lot of licence holders have been harassed by enforcement officers that don't know the law, or were deliberately lying about it, they seem to have employed bent ex coppers as a priority.
I agree. It's the inconsistency that gets me. Plus the job attracts more than its fair share of mall ninjas.