Council Enforcement Officers - Are they trained by the Gestapo?

The latest new rule for dog walkers around here is you can be stopped and asked to show you have poo bags (if you're with the dog). I'm hoping the council enforcers will say "vere are your papers poo bags" in a German accent.

It's the small things.
not from my dog, he does some pretty impressive shits.

I seem to remember there was some fuss about that plan a little while ago, there was going to be a 'minimum bag qty' per dog or some such plan, however what if you use up some of those bags and drop below the minimal number? you'll get fined for actually collecting and disposing of your dog crap.

Do you think they'll be like the bottom inspectors?

I agree that enforcement officers shouldn't have excessive powers and should moderate how they behave, depending on the circumstances.

This includes the responsibility to summarily execute dog owners suspected of not cleaning up after their foul beasts AFTER being force fed canine excrement in public.

People pay for services. If they want to litter but simultaneously want to have pleasant surroundings, then they should willingly pay more in local taxes or directly to cleaning companies to deal with it. But the same selfishness and lack of responsibility makes this unlikely.
People rarely want to pay more taxes so scruffy fuckers can drop litter.

Fair point if they own the land they're on they can leave it in rag order.

How does what you say apply to council owned parks, lay-bys and indeed council owned caravan sites that sort of area?
Then that’s littering.

Leaving Litter
Section 87 - Environmental Protection Act 1990
Definition
A person is guilty of an offence if he throws down, drops or otherwise deposits any litter in any place to which this section applies, and leaves it.

Points to prove
threw down / dropped / deposited litter
in a place to which this section applies
and left it there
Notes
Arrest without warrant

May be dealt with by PND

Summary only

Maximum = fine not exceeding level 4

If a fixed penalty notice is issued under s88 by an authorised officer a copy of it must be sent to the relevant litter authority within 24 hours.

Meanings
Deposits

Means no more than places or puts (Felix v DPP 1998).

Litter

Includes, but not limited to, the discarded ends of cigarettes, cigars and like products, and discarded chewing gum and the discarded remains of other products designed for chewing.

Place

Any place in the area of a principal litter authority that is open to the air. However, it does not apply to a covered place open to the air on at least one side, if the public does not have access to it, with or without payment.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
The Herman’s seem to have it sorted. The only litter I see are plastic bottles which are quickly scooped by the less fortunate.
And the dogs they back up and poo into a squared off area under a tree.

A while ago I was cycling on the pavement and two plastic plods/ PCSO,s asked me to stop.
"Can I just stop you for a moment?"
I replied NO.
They repeated the question and I told them to F*ck off.
A couple of days later I was on foot in the same place and the same plastic plods were kitted out with brand new mountain bikes and all of the protective gear.

Then that’s littering.
The point I was trying to make in response to your query about travellers on their own private land (an unusual concept but hey ho) was more about the number of times the council have been around issuing fixed penalty notices in those cases.

I doubt even the most enthusiastic jobsworth would issue tickets on one's private land. Although they did ticket some bloke for putting the 'wrong' type of rubbish in a public bin.

The point I was trying to make in response to your query about travellers on their own private land (an unusual concept but hey ho) was more about the number of times the council have been around issuing fixed penalty notices in those cases.

I doubt even the most enthusiastic jobsworth would issue tickets on one's private land. Although they did ticket some bloke for putting the 'wrong' type of rubbish in a public bin.
Travellers do own quite a lot of land but ownership doesn't mean that they're permitted to put caravans on it without first getting planning permission. So, yes, they can be evicted from their own private land.

They will be evicted from council land but, as I said earlier, it's a drawn out process that takes time (about 2 weeks if all goes well, up to 2 months if one of them is pregnant) and money if they play ball (most do, incidentally) or lots of money if they state that they'll refuse to leave - that's when they leave in the early hours after the council has paid for the heavy squad to turn up.

Private land is a bit different. If the owner has lots of cash, he can get a High Court Order within days which will allow immediate eviction - the bailiffs can drag the caravans off. Very costly so many owners often wait a while in the hope that they'll go of their own accord. If the owner hasn't got a lot of cash, he's stuffed because he can be fined for allowing them to be there.

Even then, there's nothing to stop them going a couple of hundred yards up the road. And the eviction order only applies for 3 months.

That's why you'll see so many roadside fields with trenches round them - they're not drainage ditches as you might think, they're obstacles. And then you'll get local scrotes with a vendetta who will fill in the trench to cause their neighbour financial hardship...

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
The word "fag" means, and always will mean cigarette. We've already lost "gay". We must not let Jarrod and his kind take any more words from us.
Don’t blame me! I hear gay people reclaimed ‘queer’ happy to call themselves that, used to be an insult but now it’s all LBTQUITRYAZVCPOTATOCRUCIFIX et al.

I'd be impressed if I saw council "enforcers" walk in to the nearest pikey camp, knee deep in human sh1te and dead ponies, and start issuing tickets.
I spent time "in-between" jobs doing parking enforcement, I got looked at as if I had a death wish when I carried out my normal enforcement duties in Appleby during horse fair week on my own! ;)

Don’t blame me! I hear gay people reclaimed ‘queer’ happy to call themselves that, used to be an insult but now it’s all LBTQUITRYAZVCPOTATOCRUCIFIX et al.
Are you POTATO?

I spent time "in-between" jobs doing parking enforcement, I got looked at as if I had a death wish when I carried out my normal enforcement duties in Appleby during horse fair week on my own! ;)
Were there a myriad of accents contesting your enforcement…..

A while ago I was cycling on the pavement and two plastic plods/ PCSO,s asked me to stop.
"Can I just stop you for a moment?"
I replied NO.
They repeated the question and I told them to F*ck off.
A couple of days later I was on foot in the same place and the same plastic plods were kitted out with brand new mountain bikes and all of the protective gear.
Cool story bro. That taught them.