Council Enforcement Officers - Are they trained by the Gestapo?

Britain has become a place where a village idiot can be transformed into Judge Dredd just by the addition of a dayglo waistcoat or a clerical job in local government or a worthless government department. One of a miriad of reasons why I left.

I agree with you, don't give them anything. You do not have to answer any of their questions or give them any information about yourself. They normally have to call the police to help them with this.

There is a place in Derbyshire that gets lots of bikers at weekends and they have just changed the rules for on street parking. The council has employed a private enforcement company to police the restrictions and issue tickets at £70 a pop.
to get round this restriction most bikers now put there scarf over the number plate as the enforcement officers are not allowed to touch the vehicle other than placing the ticket on it and without a vrn the ticket is unenforceable.
Good luck with that.

Parking and covering your motorbike's number plate - Biker and Bike

Slightly OT, but sort of related. This morning as I walked down the side of St Pancras Station towards the Boris Bikes on my way to work, I overheard the following conversation between a pretty pissed off waiting car driver and a very supercilious Transport for London "Traffic Enforcement Officer" (modern traffic warden I think) giving him a parking ticket:
TfL Nazi: I see you don't have your original number plates on the vehicle sir.
Blokey: No.
TfL Nazi: Did you change them sir?
Blokey: Yes.
TfL Nazi: And would you mind telling me why you did that sir?
Blokey: No.
TfL Nazi: What - no you don't mind, or no you don't want to?
Blokey. No.

I walked out of hearing range at that point, but I don't think the conversation was going the way the traffic warden wanted.

Walking away when you have done wrong refusing to cooperate is a sign of selfishness and refusal to accept responsibility for your actions. If you think you are not guilty of something, challenge it through the system. If not take your punishment.
The issue is that councils not taking responsibility for not properly overseeing litter enforcement, and the use of companies like Kingdom

They think by using private companies they outsource all responsibilities for it as well as the work itself

Almost like council are trying to avoid accept responsibility for their actions....

The problem is like most things, we as a nation focus on the 0.1 % of bad cases and not the rest which are perfectly reasonable.
I would agree except virtually all the 0.1% of bad cases seem to involve the meek, mild and easily intimidated.

The day a newspaper article mentions a hefty truck driver done for lobbing a sweetie wrapper out the truck window or a skinhead done for dropping a fag butt or failing to pick up his dog's shyte I may have more sympathy with your view.

I bet they are selective in who they target also. Please don't compare them to the gestapo.the gestapo were highly professional ,excellent dress sense ,and physically fit body of men.
Not really. They were plain clothes and therefore dressed according to the standards of the time, so not necessarily excellent dress sense, just bog standard decent clothing. Physically fit? Most of of them were what the Germans call Sesselfurtzer, ie shiny arrses. Not so fit. However they were professional.
If you're looking for dress sense, fitness and discipline then Himmlers mob are the ones.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Dog shit ‘plod’ pissed myself laughing as they followed a bull terrier home after it shit on a playing field. Owner let dog in, dog shit dibble knocked on door.

Dog shit ‘plod’ pissed myself laughing as they followed a bull terrier home after it shit on a playing field. Owner let dog in, dog shit dibble knocked on door.
That owner should be forced to attend classes to train his dog to shoite into a little black plastic bag & throw it in the nearby hedge/tree.

The classes have been very effective judging by my recent walk in the sunshine.

The issue is that councils not taking responsibility for not properly overseeing litter enforcement, and the use of companies like Kingdom

They think by using private companies they outsource all responsibilities for it as well as the work itself

Almost like council are trying to avoid accept responsibility for their actions....
More likely trying to save their voter from higher council tax hikes.

I'd be impressed if I saw council "enforcers" walk in to the nearest pikey camp, knee deep in human sh1te and dead ponies, and start issuing tickets. I suppose that's a bit trickier than phoning the police and stating that they're in fear for their lives because somebody dropped a fag end. Do the police ever respond to calls for dropped fags?

There are some golden moments though. Councils used to employ "environmental enforcement officers" who would walk on to your property to check that your recycling bins didn't contain anything they shouldn't. It was doubles all round when one of them discovered a metal carry out container in somebody's garden waste bin.

To set an example, the council decided to prosecute. The trial went like this.

Defence Lawyer: Do you have any evidence at all that my client placed the container in the recycling bin?

Council enforcer: Err, no but .......

Judge: Case dismissed. Full costs and court costs will be paid by the council.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
That owner should be forced to attend classes to train his dog to shoite into a little black plastic bag & throw it in the nearby hedge/tree.

The classes have been very effective judging by my recent walk in the sunshine.
One of enforcement officers said that some people carry bags with pebbles in and pretend to pick up. It’s really not hard to pick up dog shit.

Nazis? Some bloke doing the job that he's paid for, a job that has come about in response to people (generally wilfully) breaking the law?

There are two views on this - either you're keen on laws being upheld or you believe that laws should be broken. And if you're selective about which laws can be broken, you come into the second category.

I'd like to see enforcement officials given leeway to adapt to circumstances but then they'd be accused of being some various form of -ist. So nab every scrote for every offence they're committing. If there are extenuating circumstances, take it to appeal.

But it's sad to see revered posters seemingly advocating a third world attitude to crime.

My problem with this thread is that no matter how despotic the potato-headed loon in an ill-fitting assemblage of generic nylon cuntwear is, I despise people dropping litter / not picking up dogshit more.
I really wouldn’t care if they were summarily executed. And then tidied away obviously.

Last edited:
I'd be impressed if I saw council "enforcers" walk in to the nearest pikey camp, knee deep in human sh1te and dead ponies, and start issuing tickets.
They do. They take so long because of a legal process that has to be followed, e.g. investigating welfare cases and so on.

In my experience, pikeys stay put until the eve of the eviction date, then do a moonlight flit so that the council has wasted many thousands of pounds on the bailiffs and police that turn up in force to a now-empty (other than rubbish) camp.

Blaming the wrong people. It's the laws that need changing.

One of enforcement officers said that some people carry bags with pebbles in and pretend to pick up. It’s really not hard to pick up dog shit.
They carry their dogs tennis ball in a black bag around this way.

I always pick up a bit extra sand, not to blag the shit police but because it's always windy and having to tote a flapping bag of dog shite around till you find a bin is both fucking annoying and potentially messy

I bet they are selective in who they target also. Please don't compare them to the gestapo.the gestapo were highly professional ,excellent dress sense ,and physically fit body of men.
No, that was the SS, they made black so stylish in the late 30's, early 40's:)

My problem with this thread is that no matter how despotic the potato-headed loon in an ill-fitting assemblage of generic nylon cuntwear is, I despise people dropping litter / not picking up dogs hit more.
I really wouldn’t care if they were summarily executed. And then tidied away obviously.
The worst ones are the ones that pick up the dog shit in the nice little dog shit bag....then hang the fecking thing off a branch or leave it by the pavement or on a fence post. The horrible tw@ts. You've picked it up! Now bin the fecking thing!!