Council Elections - Results coming in

Still a few to declare and I reckon there could be another couple of seats for the facists there.

It's been bad for Labour, though maybe not bad enough to see Tony really bricking it.

Think the biggest surprise for me is the poor showing by the lib-dems.

F

fozzy

Biscuits_Brown said:
Still a few to declare and I reckon there could be another couple of seats for the facists there.

It's been bad for Labour, though maybe not bad enough to see Tony really bricking it.

Think the biggest surprise for me is the poor showing by the lib-dems.
Any ideas on voter turn out?

Surprise surprise, Labour has had major losses although in my own area, they've got overall control :evil:. I don't know how the heck that happened as the Tories were out there letting you know their policies whether you like to or not, you could find the Libs if need be but I hadn't seen one Lab leaflet or councillor at all or know where to find them.

If you want to find out the details for your own area, you can enter your postcode here: Local Election results

Edited to add: Error in my area's results! NOC! Thank fcuk for that! Like said, apart from the activities that occured in the last fortnight, their campaign was miniscule if anything and NOT worth even one X.

Can't remember now where I read it but I saw on a website yesterday that TB wouldn't really start soiling his linen unless they dropped 250+ seats...Which hasn't happened.

tattybadger said:
It seems that this shambolic government is being whipped
Who? Who? Don't tell me there are more Presott revelations on the way!

Never forget yer eyes 'n' ears o' t'coompany (Anon)

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The news are reporting that there will be a post election cabinet reshuffle.

But reshuffles must be very hard for Blair. His parliamentry party are such a shower of lacklustre wannabes that very few of them are suited to Government or to taking any responsibility. Who can he choose? Just look at the stars - if clowns like Buffhoon are the cream what does it say about the rest of them...

Prescott being whipped - he'll have some grovelling to do today, unless Bliar p[lans to blame the Tories for Prescott's adventures!!

Just one thing Townee

Biscuits_Brown said:
Can't remember now where I read it but I saw on a website yesterday that TB wouldn't really start soiling his linen unless they dropped 250+ seats...Which hasn't happened.

Well, anything well over 200 is pretty bad. As for the 250 goal, they seem to be well on the way as of now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/vote2006/locals/html/region_99999.stm

On the basis of results in 700 key wards, the BBC is projecting the national share of vote at a general election would be as follows: CON 40%, LIB DEM 27%, LAB 26%, OTH 7%.
Liabour have lost 254 councillors! Very bad, worse than 2004. 13 more councils to declare. I expected that the Lib Dems would do better. If there is a definite shift to the Tories in the south it will cause discomfort in both Liabour and in the Lib Dems.

From the Times:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/uk/

Hodge facing disciplinary action

Labour Party chiefs in east London are considering disciplinary action against their MP over comments she made about the number of voters likely to opt for the BNP. Barking MP Margaret Hodge said last month that as many as eight out of 10 voters in her constituency were contemplating voting for the BNP. Labour officials believe her comments damaged Labour and helped the BNP and they are now considering disciplinary action against Mrs Hodge.
:twisted:

Labour are -3.00% & the Tories +2.8% of seats.
Someone quoted on Sky news," Blairs reshuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic."

MrPVRd said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/vote2006/locals/html/region_99999.stm

On the basis of results in 700 key wards, the BBC is projecting the national share of vote at a general election would be as follows: CON 40%, LIB DEM 27%, LAB 26%, OTH 7%.
Liabour have lost 254 councillors! Very bad, worse than 2004. 13 more councils to declare. I expected that the Lib Dems would do better. If there is a definite shift to the Tories in the south it will cause discomfort in both Liabour and in the Lib Dems.

From the Times:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/uk/

Hodge facing disciplinary action

Labour Party chiefs in east London are considering disciplinary action against their MP over comments she made about the number of voters likely to opt for the BNP. Barking MP Margaret Hodge said last month that as many as eight out of 10 voters in her constituency were contemplating voting for the BNP. Labour officials believe her comments damaged Labour and helped the BNP and they are now considering disciplinary action against Mrs Hodge.
:twisted:
Now that takes the biscuit, the local Neu Arbeit MP highlights the likelihood that the BNP are going to do well in her area, and, instead of trying to deal with that, Das Partei decides to shoot the messenger, "cos if she hadn't said anything it would all have been alright, innit?".
I must admit, I was of the opinion that the predictions of BNP success were just scare-mongering to shake up the floating voters, but it seems they were true. I suppose that illustrates the depth of feeling against the present government, as IMHO for the most part the British are not enamoured of extremists, tending towards conservatism with a small 'c'.

Anyway, nice to see Tony's cronies getting a kicking. Bring on the reshuffle!

Sit Rep: 1020 hrs on 5th May: Labour down 254 councillors. Still 13 councils to declare.

A deserved hammering. I can just see Tony Bliar on the steps on Number 10, lip quivering sincerity, "we're going to take heed of this warning and clean up our act". Bollocks. You can guarantee it'll be the same spin-machine this time next week, albeit with an impotent John Prescott and new Home Secretary.

Well done the people of the North-East and North-West. Just goes to prove that you really would vote for a dog-turd if it was laid by a creature with a red collar.

And it continues:-

Labour down 256 councillors and down 18 councils
Conservatives up 251 councillors and up 12 councils
Lib Dem up 18 councillors and up 1 council
Others down 13 councillors and no change on councils
NOC (No Overall Control) up 5 councils