Council Elections - Results coming in

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by frenchperson, May 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Still a few to declare and I reckon there could be another couple of seats for the facists there.

It's been bad for Labour, though maybe not bad enough to see Tony really bricking it.

Think the biggest surprise for me is the poor showing by the lib-dems.

2. Any ideas on voter turn out?

3. Surprise surprise, Labour has had major losses although in my own area, they've got overall control :evil:. I don't know how the heck that happened as the Tories were out there letting you know their policies whether you like to or not, you could find the Libs if need be but I hadn't seen one Lab leaflet or councillor at all or know where to find them.

If you want to find out the details for your own area, you can enter your postcode here: Local Election results

Edited to add: Error in my area's results! NOC! Thank fcuk for that! Like said, apart from the activities that occured in the last fortnight, their campaign was miniscule if anything and NOT worth even one X.

4. It seems that this shambolic government is being whipped - I'm looking forward to watching him squirm today.

5. Can't remember now where I read it but I saw on a website yesterday that TB wouldn't really start soiling his linen unless they dropped 250+ seats...Which hasn't happened.

6. Who? Who? Don't tell me there are more Presott revelations on the way!

Never forget yer eyes 'n' ears o' t'coompany (Anon)

7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The news are reporting that there will be a post election cabinet reshuffle.

But reshuffles must be very hard for Blair. His parliamentry party are such a shower of lacklustre wannabes that very few of them are suited to Government or to taking any responsibility. Who can he choose? Just look at the stars - if clowns like Buffhoon are the cream what does it say about the rest of them...

8. Prescott being whipped - he'll have some grovelling to do today, unless Bliar p[lans to blame the Tories for Prescott's adventures!!

Just one thing Townee

9. Well, anything well over 200 is pretty bad. As for the 250 goal, they seem to be well on the way as of now.

10. [​IMG]

This photo aays it all really!

11. Will TCH lose his job...long overdue?

12. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Neu Arbeit lost 6 councillors in my area, and thus control of the council. Outstanding.

13. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/vote2006/locals/html/region_99999.stm

Liabour have lost 254 councillors! Very bad, worse than 2004. 13 more councils to declare. I expected that the Lib Dems would do better. If there is a definite shift to the Tories in the south it will cause discomfort in both Liabour and in the Lib Dems.

From the Times:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/uk/

:twisted:

14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Labour are -3.00% & the Tories +2.8% of seats.
    Someone quoted on Sky news," Blairs reshuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic."