Council Covanant

The Covanant signed by nearly all councils to home military persons and families is a JOKE , hubby decided he didn’t want me anymore so went to council and said I’ve had 18 years in MQ so I should be high on the list! NOOOOOO it only applies to the soldier NOT the spouse???? On what planet it that fair, once again fecked over by the military

The Covanant signed by nearly all councils to home military persons and families is a JOKE , hubby decided he didn’t want me anymore so went to council and said I’ve had 18 years in MQ so I should be high on the list! NOOOOOO it only applies to the soldier NOT the spouse???? On what planet it that fair, once again fecked over by the military
So why do you think the military fecked you over when it was the Councils that signed this government covenant?

Edited to add:

I've just googled Armed Forces Council Covenant and, as I have no idea where you live, I've attached a link to Dundee's version below. In all matters they pledge not to put Armed Forces personnel at a disadvantage because of their service and as for Housing they don't promise to house you but will offer advice and help for the homeless.

I suggest a quick chat with your local SSAFA may help identify your options.

https://www.dundeecity.gov.uk/sites/default/files/publications/covenant.pdf

Last edited:
Get a tent then walk to London, we will all be behind you, we'll not on the walk obviously

Depending on how well you scrub up there's a bed at my gaff.

I was going to add that photos of chesticles are required but as it's not the NAAFI I won't.

So why do you think the military fecked you over when it was the Councils that signed this government covenant?

Edited to add:

I've just googled Armed Forces Council Covenant and, as I have no idea where you live, I've attached a link to Dundee's version below. In all matters they pledge not to put Armed Forces personnel at a disadvantage because of their service and as for Housing they don't promise to house you but will offer advice and help for the homeless.

I didn’t expect them to rehouse me straight away but did think I would be given the extra years which would mean I could be in an area with family ,as most in that area you need 6 or seven years on the list ????

Edited to add:

Because once again we wives don’t count? We serve in our own way, we keep homes going and all the worry and stress when husbands are deployed, it’s not an easy life

Edited to add:

They were as much use as a chocolate fire guard, only advised me to contact the British Legion? Which I did and THEY at least are helping me

I didn’t expect them to rehouse me straight away but did think I would be given the extra years which would mean I could be in an area with family ,as most in that area you need 6 or seven years on the list ????
Where?

Because once again we wives don’t count? We serve in our own way, we keep homes going and all the worry and stress when husbands are deployed, it’s not an easy life
You really need to talk to SSAFA, they will explain exactly what you need to do, where to go etc.

Even life long civilians rarely get to choose where they live nowadays, even after years of being on the list. Councils are legally bound to house the homeless and feckless first and I'm sure SSAFA will explain that and where you fit in. If you didn't put your name down on the Council List then you missed a trick, it's one of the things we were advised to do after getting married instead of leaving it to the last minute or emergency situation.

Living in an area where you have family is a nice to have rather than essential. Essential is having a roof over your head, particularly if you have children.

Oh, and wives do count, they are part of the Forces family which is why SSAFA support you, and I'm pretty sure your husband may well have been a tad more stressed than you when he was deployed.

It may surprise you but for civvies it's not an easy life either. Up here husbands often work away from home, on the rigs and anywhere there's a job, their wives and kids get to see them occasionally.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Then you own half the home, I don't understand though where the military 'f*cked you over' though, how did you reach that extraordinary conclusion?
Simple, hubby is a soldier and that's part of the military, get wiv da programme!
(BTW, would you?)