Could You be a Hangman??

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by DrStealth, Jun 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How Britain made its executioners
    hhhmmm interesting little part time job to have.

what about it??

if the gov brought back capital punisment would (or could) you do the job?
    you have any ideas on how to improve the system? example - use them for moving target practice perhaps??

please post your applications below for the job of state executioner.

stating -
    why you want the job.
    how you would improve 'efficiency' and standards.
    any previous experience of a similar nature.
    if you have your own rope/gun/axe/can of petrol ect

"Mr Home Secretary, I would like to apply for a job in 'the profession' because........................."

2. YES. Where do I sign....
  3. Why do I want the job?

Think of all the interesting perverts/weirdos/murders etc you could meet, on just the one occasion.
    I'd be happy to hang most of the people I have to work with.

Improve efficiency and standards?

Difficult one untill the appropriate time and motion studys have been done, along with a SWOT analysis and a cost benefit analysis. (or just cuff it like normal, make up the data and choose a method that I like as its easy)

Previous Experience?

I've killed threads, conversations and my own career.
  4. What is the salary and the benefits package like ?
  5. you may get fed up people just dropping in though :? :? :? :?
  6. Nah, I hate jobs where the clients lose their heads...
  7. In this scenario you dictate the how, place and when they lose them though.
  8. In this scenario you dictate the how, place and when they lose them though.
  9. even if you don't like them at least its only once that you meet them and you get to fiddle with the female "customers" , there is no comeback afterward :)
  10. Yes I'd do it and as I was a Higher Senior APT in years gone by I'd assist the
    Home Office Pathologist with the autopsy.

2 jobs for the price of one- now there's value for money!! 8)
  11. 'Still-warm dibs' was considered one of the perks of the Tudor executioner.
  12. FCuk me what a job. Where would you sign up? I would not lose one moments sleep doing it. Official Enforcer. Sounds good.
  13. I'd PAY money to despatch some of our nations worst despicable, sleazy criminal fraternity! And once I'd finished with one or two members of Neue Arbeit we could also execute some murderers!
  14. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Can't see any difficulty, in fact I have a little list of those I would quite happily see no more of!