Could this rival Action Man?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Troy, Jun 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here in the West we had James Bond et al, but in Comunist Czechoslovakia they had Major Zeman!

"Major Zeman –the communist police hero of a TV saga shown in the normalization years following the crushing of the Prague Spring – is now available as a figurine for collectors complete with a machine gun, a badge and briefcase. The notorious propaganda series is still shown on Czech tv channels and has a strange, detached appeal as communist Czechoslovakia’s answer to James Bond. Vladimir Brabec, the actor who played the detective fighting subversive and criminal elements in communist Czechoslovakia is closely identified with this hero although he has played hundreds of other characters. Indeed, he was asked to act as godfather at the figurine’s sales launch earlier this month. Asked what he planned to do with the one he received as a gift Brabec laughed and said he’d give it to his grandchildren."

More at:
    Thirty Cases of Major Zeman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  2. Well? Should he take the money or open the box?
  3. Who are you, Michael Miles? :)

The greatcoat (at least in some photos) looks like a good match for khaki - I might try and get a couple loose for my WW2 British figures.
  4. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

no eagle eyes or grippy hands. surely they can do better even using commie tech.
  5. He has got a trigger finger though..unless they have modelled his arthritic right hand too.
  6. His facial expression looks like he just walked in on his missus getting spit roasted by GI Joe and Action Man.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. No Makarov. How are those suspected enemies of the revolution going to shoot themselves in the back of the head whilst escaping custody?
  8. Well if you put him in cowboy duds he'd be a spit for George W Bush.
  9. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Both of whom were strangely cockless but maybe they were wearing strap-ons?
  10. That's alright, Cindy didn't have an actual minge. So someone who'd looked told me. The filthy beggar.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. He looks a bit like Tony Blair chewing a bumble bee to me.
  12. hmm my action men have been resupplied with tiger cam, rpg 7's and AK's. Think I will be sticking with them
  13. He looks like Prince Phillip to me.
  14. insert usual edit/fee related comment here
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Say again Grandad. You'll have to speak up... I SAID YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP, YOU'RE MUMBLING AGAIN.