• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Could the Americans have just saved us?

Good news if it could save the Armed Forces from a few cuts.

Then again, we shouldn't stop cuts in order to fulfil our NATO obligations and the whole 'special relationship' shite. We should stop cuts in order for us to carry on enforcing our own independent foreign policy, not the USA's.

Basically, I don't like the USA sticking its nose in our buisness. On the other hand, I agree with the sentiment.

Could have been cooked up by Cam and Clegg as an excuse to not cut Defence without their own Parties blaming them for it; ask the Yanks to play Bad Cop.

Whatever the reason, if it stops the Armed Forces being raped, it's a good result. But I'll believe it when I see it.

Could have been cooked up by Cam and Clegg as an excuse to not cut Defence without their own Parties blaming them for it; ask the Yanks to play Bad Cop.

Whatever the reason, if it stops the Armed Forces being raped, it's a good result. But I'll believe it when I see it.
Cynical maybe, but who knows.

Maybe the "special relationship" will pay dividends.

It would be about time!!

Latest Threads