Could it work?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by old_fat_and_hairy, Jul 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I'm doing some research for a piece of work, and would be grateful for advice or opinions of all the learned and wise people on here!

My question is - hypothetically - would a military coup be succesful in this country?
  2. Couldn't make the place any worse!
  3. Don't know - but we'd have a lot of fun trying! :twisted:
  4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Hello, did somebody just switch some extra lights on? Only it feels like this thread has just been... I dunno... illuminated?
  5. Just PM me with a time, date, location and i'll be there. As long as i get to throw out some asylum seekers and fill in some chavs?
  6. Ummmmm have we actually got the resources available to even think about it?

Why is there a shady looking fella in a dark suit stood watching me? He wasn't there a minute ago :pale:
  7. No - woldn't work as everyone is abroad at the moment preparing for operation Desert Storm III. :wink:
  8. It would only work from Monday to Friday. UK units all fu'ck off home at the weekend!
  9. old_fat_and_hairy

I had thought it might stand a good chance. The Navy - or what's left of it - could take their rowboat up the Thames. The RA would have no shortage of good quality hotels in which to base their ops people, and the army could use the immigrant centres or homeless shelters to kip in.
  10. They'd only surrender it to a passing Traffic Warden....
  11. Fear not.

There are significant amounts of people willing to form a `peoples militia`.
  12. old_fat_and_hairy

Maybe if we offered to replace their ipods they would resist?
  13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

A military coup, in order to be one, has to be opposed . . . and quite frankly, who would?
  14. The Police?
  15. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Good point, but no contest. Anyway, most of the Police are as sick as we are of all the bullsh!t and regulations that have been introduced to hamper their work. I don't know too many commie coppers. :D