could i train with the regulars

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by LookatMe, Dec 31, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering if this would be possible.

I am finishing sixth form in may and am hopefully joining the ta in January (as a cmt).

Due to the current job market do you think that since I will have large amounts of time free would the ta let me do my ctm training with the regulars? (reducing the overall training time to one large chunk)

Cheers

2. Got to be a wind up...

3. How is it a wind up?

I only want to do my cmt training in one lump father than every other weekend, obvoisly I would do soldiering skills at my local ta.

4. Probably, most likely, almost certainly, no.

Next question.

5. If not a wind up then you are a spectacularly thick individual who i would not want trying to patch me up.

6. It is entirely possible, all you have to do is go to the recruiting office and join the regular army

7. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

8. Of course you can...if the TA had money. due to funding cuts it is becoming more and more difficult for TA personel to attend regular training courses. The ONLY way nowadays the TA can afford to do so is if you commit to Op Herrick...and if you haven't joined the TA yet then you can't commit to it. Finish your phase one and then ask questions because this question is unit specific. In order for you to get to this stage you have to finish phase one which is not specific, for example Summer Challenge.

or...more simply join the regular army.