Could any of the Journalists Help with this

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by the_butler, Mar 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. In brief:
    Ex Household Cavalryman is about to become homeless due to the ineptitude of his local Housing authority (one Vision)
    I have resigned my Butlers position after being promised a council house. this house has now been withdrawn and nothing offered in replacement. I am 2 weeks into a four week notice, my employer has a replacement for me who will have to live in my present accommodation as it is part of the main house.
    I am seething at the moment and cannot think what to do apart from what I know, when cornered come out fighting.

    Feel free to take the mickey but don't expect a rise I am genuinely under stress.
  2. Why not contact the local RBL and see if they can put some pressure on the local authority. Those old boys have some very good contacts.
  3. Mr_Fingerz

    Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

    Get a reason as to why the offer was withdrawn. Make a formal complaint, and actively seek a resolution. Then, if you have got nowhere, seek advice from the CAB and threaten the authority with the ombudsman.

    Get yourself down to the RBL and SSAFA. They may be able to get you some short/medium term assistance.
  4. Thanks I will

    Also thanks I'm onto that now
  5. Also any Household Cavalry Regimental Asociation that you can find a contact for.

    Important that you turn the heat back on those who have withdrawn offer as they may not realise implications, or more importantly, their bosses may not realise that they are arrsers and may sort you out sharpish.
  6. I feel such a div having to ask for help as its my job to be helpful and invisible. I have never asked anyone for help but I have to think about my family(the whole reason for the move in the first place)
    Also I apologise to everyone who has offered me advice, why did I think a journalist could help me when All I needed was to ask my comrades you fellow arrsers who have a wealth of knowledge and experience and a network larger than vodaphone.
    Ladies & Gentleman I salute you (without head dress which is allowed)
  7. Spanish_Dave

    Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

    Become an illegal occupant :thumleft: , unlike an illegal immigrant :threaten:
  8. Any other job and I would be tempted but I "live-in" plus it's not my bosses fault he's already had one disappointment when I handed him my notice.
  9. the_butler ,
    your loyalty towards your boss is very noble , but your family and yourself take a higher priority. Good luck

  10. 10 Church Road
    L22 5NB

    Phone: 0151 920 7300 Fax: 0151 949 0717



    Housing Organisation Type : Letting/Hostel
    Registration Number: L1719

    Give these ago there much better then the council and there are situated right next door.
  11. Thats great thanks I'm doing it now :thumright:
  12. It's what I do and who I am.
    I spoke to my boss today and he is happy for me to stay on rent free for 2 weeks which is really nice as it only gives them a couple of days to turn the place around. Fortunate for them we have moved out of MANY MSQ's and never had a bill raised against us so we will be leaving it as clean as an MI5 crime scene.
    What a nice man, Ex Scots Guards.
  13. Dear the_butler,

    I can add nothing further to the advice you have received, other than to wish you and your family well. I would like to say however, that I admire the professional pride you take and the high standards of excellence you adhere to in your job.

    The very best of luck.

  14. Paul,
    I can add nothing of worth other than my best wishes. You are a diginified man who deserves a break from these intransigient government types. It would be all so different if you spoke no English had 10 children, prayed 5 times aday and were here illegally.

    All the best of Luck
  15. Butler - sorry to hear that, feckers. If you're close to any Garrison towns, you might try Annington Homes. I dont know if they can but you could always ask if they'd give you a short term let on any former MQs that they have unoccupied. They're meant to give preferential treatment to former servicemen, but I don't know if that extends to short term lets.

    Best of luck, hope something turns up for you soon.