Coughing major in court again. Justice or not?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Stonker, Apr 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Dunno which way to go on this one.

Should the judge have dismissed it?
    Does it serve the cheating get right?
    Should he have stcuk the head on the little chav, and claimed 'accident'?

Over to you - the great legal minds of ARRSE!
  2. should have tw&tted the little sh1t....jogging at his age!
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

What a waste of public money! Is the "youff" now going to be charged with wasting police and court time. No - 'cos Ingram was found guilty of doing what any one of us would do, therefore the scrote was in the right. WTF is that all about?
  4. Agreed - this isn't Justice. What Major Ingram did before isn't at issue or on trial here. At issue is simply whether a lout, posing in front of a gang of other louts, can assault and humiliate someone going about his business, then lie under oath and not only get away with it but get his victim to be prosecuted!! Amazingly the answer appears to be yes. :roll:
  5. Sarastro

Sarastro LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Seriously, you guys are going to argue any side of this? Since when was coughing in someone's face 'assault'? Since when was grabbing someone by the lapels 'assault'?

A lad jumped out from behind a bush the other day when I was on my bike. Gave me a bit of a shock, but tbh good bite on his part, had to smile. Reading this, perhaps I should prosecute...
  6. when someone spits in your face, as was alleged in this case, that is common assault as is any unwanted contact with your body.

Sorry but it's that simple.
  7. Physical contact is not necessary - as was pointed out to me by the RMP NCO who was called by the lout (a WO1's son) I had gripped for - repeatedly - trashing my back garden fence in Bielefeld.

Sadly (well, sadly from the boy's point of view), I was a much better liar than him; "Never laid a finger on him, horficer, 'onest." :biggrin:
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Hhhhm, on the one hand you've got a lying tw@t who can't lie his way out of a paper bag, and is a lousy cheat, and has no imagination whatsoever and by all accounts is a total throbber, and on the other hand you've got some idiot scrote who coughs in his face in the style of a p!ss-poor throbber who is bad at cheating.

Throbber should take it on the chin - he asked for his infamy by being a throbber after all.

Had it been me however, I'd have twatted the little shoite, but I'd have made sure he didn't have any witnesses.

Cough sweets anyone?
  9. Sarastro

Sarastro LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Possible I was drawing a difference between common assault and 'assault'...

Case should never have made court. That simple.
  10. Irrespective of what Maj (Retd) Ingram has done in the past , nobody (including him) deserves to be spat at in the face by some little chav gobshite. It's a shame he didn't punch the little scrote - at least that would have been value for money on the assault charge.
  11. Not that it really matters but is this version of 'assault' referring to legislation? I believe that at common law (Tort) unwanted physical contact is a battery, whereas giving someone the reasonable expectation that you are about to commit an act of that nature is an assault.
  12. Charles Ingram is a disgrace to the British officer corps. Fact.

He is however vaguely human and I can understand how he reacted to the little scrote as he did. His problem is that the scrote's parents were too fly by half. Stand by for "My 13 year old's hell at hands of cheating major" stories in the media. Ker-ching, Sun newspaper cheque book? That will do nicely...

Frankly, it couldn't have happened to a more appropriate cheating, lying, weak, feeble, can't write novels for toffee sort of a guy. Throbber.
  13. There you go again Cuddles,sitting on the fence :D How do you really feel about him :?: :?:
  14. Too right. Lay the gobshyte out
  15. Prosecution witness (presumably sole) admits lying and a guilty verdict is returned?

I'd certainly phone a friend.