Costa Concordia captain wants his job back

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pimpernel, Oct 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So let me get this right. The Captain on a luxury liner wants his job back having been seen to be incompetent, irresponsible and a coward. Woops, sorry I forgot to mention he killed quite a few passengers didn’t he!

Costa Concordia captain wants his job back
    Fracesco Schettino, the captain of the Costa Concordia has launched legal action to get his job back, nine months after the luxury cruise liner capsized off the island of Giglio with the loss of 32 lives.

Costa Concordia captain wants his job back - Telegraph

2. I don't see the problem, if he becomes Captain of the Costa Concordia what could go wrong? It's hardly going to sink again and there's nobody on board anyway.

• Like Like x 4
  3. With his ability to run into rocks you'd think the RN would be headhunting him to join.

4. He was, after all, displaying the natural urges of a submariner.

5. The natural urges of a submariner? That could means lots of things, most of them fit only for the Naafi bar!

6. Where in the article does it say he loves to taste botty dribble and man seed?

7. I,ll say this for him, he,s a real necky ******, I wouldn,t give the twat a job in my local boating lake or even let him play with a rubber duck in the bath.

8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Anybody who's idea of a relaxing break is booking two weeks on a cruise ship deserves all they get.

• Like Like x 2
  9. not a lot different than killing someone when you drink and drive, after a while 6-12 months I guess, (its not a facebook slur offence so its not a big punishment) you get your licence to drive back and from what I can see there is rarely an outcry over that. In the great scheme of things he only killed a very small percentage of his passengers and as TID points out they were on a cruise for fecks sake.

10. Be fair, these contraptions do a fine job of keeping riff-raff in polyester dinner-jackets and Primark evening gowns out of the Haute-Garonne.

11. Why not raise the titanic and let him sail that.

12. Lets face it all he has done in his view is prang the duty Bedford and **** off without filling in FMT action. Surely as in Top Gun there has to be some form of 'flying rubber dogshit out of Hong Kong' punishment so maybe he will get to sail said dogshit out of HK.
    I would gladly give him another boat and offer it up as a relaxing break for the bored youth of today, then send him via the polar regions once he sinks it, rescue the Capitan napalm the ****** to be absolutely certain that no Chav ****** gets off it give him another boat and repeat. Win Win.

13. Good thinking, more AOC Fronton for those of us that appreciate it.

Play with a rubber duck in a bath!!! Are you mad??? I wouldn't let him near a bath..........

14. Not a prayer of getting the job back I would say.

My relatives in Italy (Avelino, Ostia) all feel he should be in prison. He is not popular in Italy.

15. I don't see a problem, the Italian authorities were also keen for him to go back on board, I look forward to seeing him and his shit heap ship slide beneath the waves!