Costa Coffee discount

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Dragstrip, Oct 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Probably the wrong forum but I lack the imagination to find a more suitable one...

I bought a coffee and muffin in Costa at Exeter Svcs on the M5 yersterday and got a 20% discount for being in the forces (or for being in uniform, not sure whch). Being a Costa regular (but not usually in uniform), this took me by surprise; is this a new thing?

The muffin was raspberry and white chocolate, and very nice it was too.
  2. Was it a Moto service station by any chance? I think they've given discount for a while, I'm not sure about Costa though, I might have to try it out.
  3. They will give you the discount in or out of uniform - just show your ID card. Only works at Costa at a Moto Service Station.
  4. Thanks, yes it was a Moto SS. So, its no good flashing my MOD 90 at the Costa in Guildford High Street; shame.
  5. Shakeaway in Winchester do squaddie discount too!! Their banoffee pie smoothie is TOP and obviously healthy as all smoothies are diet food :D
  6. F*ck me ! So your one of those big timing wierdos that wander round service stations (generally covering about 4 laps of the full interior, and looking around in a full 360 arc every ten-fifteen paces) in full rig making sure every c*nt knows your a soldier, there is one in EVERY single station at any given time, generally a bit on the well fed side and usually to be found hanging round the tarts that are selling AA cover just inside the front entrance..get a civvy jacket on, grab your scran and coffee, have a p*ss and get to where your going
  7. Isn't that classed as mixed dress & highly frowned upon in Military circles?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. So what ? Your own personal security is your own responsibility, who is going to stride up to you in an M5 service station to grip you for wearing combat trousers and boots ? You cant escape the fact it is merely a big timing measure, your either on your way home, back to camp from course/errand ect, sloping round service stations with a beret on like a melted wok giving it the 'dead eyes' is f*cking shocking, en masse ? not an issue, quite fun when there are enough of you..
  9. Jarrod,

Don't start that stupid story off again!!

Google Starbucks hoax.

10. WAH!!!
  11. I googled it and couldn't find anything. *

Costa Coffee and Starbucks are both rip-off merchants anyway. £1.95 for a black coffee?

"No - just a black coffee please, I've had enough sex this morning".

Oooh, that gives me an idea for a "Worst Service Station in UK" stylee thread, but, obviously I will search to see if it's been done before.

* You are still shite at Wahs, sorry mate xxxx
  12. Wah.
  13. Ever hear of driving hours ****-knuckle? 45 mins break every 4.5 hours driving BY LAW!!!!!!!
  14. Check out the date of the post, you nugget, unlikely to be scanning the interwebs for a fight a year later...

Please choose a new username and start again.
  15. He will most likely get emailed that there has been a reply. Don't call me a nugget for fighting our corner!