Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cost to level a garden

anglo

LE
Why don’t we just lift that path and returf we said... bound to only be laid on a bed of dry mix, builders always cut corners, we said... few days, couple of quid...
53E4A856-13F3-48BB-889A-FD575198C96A.jpg

Daz

LE
Why don’t we just lift that path and returf we said... bound to only be laid on a bed of dry mix, builders always cut corners, we said... few days, couple of quid...
That reminds me of my late father's house, the new owners decided to remove the front garden wall, patio and concrete block flower beds........... it' took them 3 weeks to remove the 3 to 4 feet of concrete that the old man had used as a base for the front garden wall, patio and concrete block flower beds, still, I'm sure they appreciated the exercise

What could possibly go wrong?

View attachment 540155

Looking again at this picture I am guessing that either .....

a) A watermain joint has burst, mini-digger sent in to expose the pipe to effect repair and the Operator made some poor decisions

or

b) This is somewhere in SE Asia and a mini-digger has inadvertently trundled into an old B52 bomb crater.
( Do they have brambles in SE Asia ? )

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Looking again at this picture I am guessing that either .....

a) A watermain joint has burst, mini-digger sent in to expose the pipe to effect repair and the Operator made some poor decisions

or

b) This is somewhere in SE Asia and a mini-digger has inadvertently trundled into an old B52 bomb crater.
( Do they have brambles in SE Asia ? )
Looks more like Berkshire.

Looks more like Berkshire.
I was kidding, 99% certain UK and to get a mini-digger bogged in like that requires vast quantities of water for a sustained period turning ground into soup.
Usually a burst watermain - occaisionally new groundworks elsewhere ( but nearby ) diverting natural natural groundwater drainage or springs.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
we had a little job for a client, just clear away the remains of an old asbestos garage ( all done legally)
break up the slab
and put some steps in to the lower part of the garden
the quote was qutie clear on what we are doing and any extras wil be at an hourly rate
just as well
the thing came down easy enough
asbestos cement panels sealed into sacks and taken away
concrete broken up and into skip

then move along to remove soil and start cutting away for the steps
or not as the bloody air raid shelter reared its ugly head!!!
that filled 2 builders skips, 3 days with the big Kango and sledge hammers and picks

Rolawn do the best turf and soil as I found out. Put down a bit of the soil and then lay their turf on top, look after it and you will have a lawn fit enough for the England cricket team to play a few overs on.

Latest Threads