Cost of single tube fare in London?

Okay fair enough. Way I see it, every time wages go up ticket prices go up. Looking at the data on the internet it seems that underground staff, (not just drivers) are striking just about every year since 2002 and at times they know will cause major disruption to the public such as Christmas time.
Are they French?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Let me guess. You failed the tests to join the underground and believe everything you read in the Evening Standard.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
I take it that you are replying to me? (Qouting the post helps, you throbber). Alas no, I never applied to join the underground, I spent enough time in darkness (and fed bullshit) whilst in the Army. Are you denying that drunks and drugged are rife on the Underground? Are you saying that running through 3 red lights whilst driving is not a safety issue? Are you actually compus mentus or were you the sacked druggy/alcoholic?

I take it that you are replying to me? (Qouting the post helps, you throbber). Alas no, I never applied to join the underground, I spent enough time in darkness (and fed bullshit) whilst in the Army. Are you denying that drunks and drugged are rife on the Underground? Are you saying that running through 3 red lights whilst driving is not a safety issue? Are you actually compus mentus or were you the sacked druggy/alcoholic?
I've been driving underground trains for the last 7 years, previously spent 14 years in armoured regiments. You are the throbber talking out off your arse about subjects you know **** all about. So stick to a subject you know about, like how to **** up cooking food.

I've been driving underground trains for the last 7 years, previously spent 14 years in armoured regiments. You are the throbber talking out off your arse about subjects you know **** all about. So stick to a subject you know about, like how to **** up cooking food.

Hang on just popping to the kitchen for more crisps n beer

Are you always this harsh?

Hang on just popping to the kitchen for more crisps n beer
**** the crisps. I've got orange Doritos and hummus.

Been driving on the tube for 7 years? Which line, so I can work out how lazy/strike prone you are.

Yeah, when I first moved to London I was on that - excellent line.

Fully aware that correlation does not imply causation, but it has not drivers.... (yes, I know it has guards/a person on each one)
Was working in the City/ Canary Wharf for a long time while living in the Isle of Dogs and Greenwich and it was my daily commute to work....almost never let me down.

That is no different to the California Law Enforcement pension scam. The final pension is based on the last year or two's received income so everyone helps a bloke in his last year or so pile in the overtime to get the monthly pay check averages up to silly levels. Then when they retire and the calculation is done they are generally receiving more in retirement than their previous standard annual income. There are cops retiring on $100K+ a year, first bought to my attention by @SOCALSapper from when he used to do the partnering with the police thing.

As to piss taking fares etc. we have a large toll road network around Dallas. The cost of using the roads fluctuates depending on whether it is a weekday, or weekend and on whether it is rush hour or not. I noticed recently that they have suddenly tripled the pricing on sections of road during rush hour - ie a 1.5 mile city centre section has risen from $1.30 to $3.70.