Cost of single tube fare in London?

From the age of 14 days prior to their 60th birthday and for a fee of 20 quid, London residents can apply for an Oyster60+ card, which gives them free travel in London.
Which in turn get their money from council tax payers.
... and I’d like to thank them all for mine, which I’ll get in 3 months time so long as everything hasn’t gone to hell in a handcart in the meantime :)

For the OP - you might find you can add London Zone 1 onto your mainline ticket although as others have said if you have any debit or credit card at all it’s likely to be contactless.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
... and I’d like to thank them all for mine, which I’ll get in 3 months time so long as everything hasn’t gone to hell in a handcart in the meantime :)

For the OP - you might find you can add London Zone 1 onto your mainline ticket although as others have said if you have any debit or credit card at all it’s likely to be contactless.
I’ve heard Boris is cancelling it so he can justify his tax cuts, honest it’s in the news:bball:.

Then when he was elected he turned on ALL LU staff and objected to everything at every turn. :cool:
Okay fair enough. Way I see it, every time wages go up ticket prices go up. Looking at the data on the internet it seems that underground staff, (not just drivers) are striking just about every year since 2002 and at times they know will cause major disruption to the public such as Christmas time.

Okay fair enough. Way I see it, every time wages go up ticket prices go up. Looking at the data on the internet it seems that underground staff, (not just drivers) are striking just about every year since 2002 and at times they know will cause major disruption to the public such as Christmas time.
It’s not very clever to strike when there won’t be disruption - it’s the whole point

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
From the age of 14 days prior to their 60th birthday and for a fee of 20 quid, London residents can apply for an Oyster60+ card, which gives them free travel in London.
Only after 09.30 in the morning.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
To the OP - do not under any circumstances buy a pint. You will have a stroke.
Sounds like a bargain - if the strokers are nubile young females!

I'm not defending the strikes but they have never, since 1996, been about money but everything about safety. One strike day I was at Heathrow and a train pulled into the platform being driven by a manager. Now managers can qualify to drive trains in an emergency with NO passengers. As about 1200 pax got off the train I informed Transport police who removed the manager. If it suits TfL they will break all safety regs and at least Ken was correct in saying the underground was run by "Knuckleheads."
You only after look around at all industries in London to see that the majority of workers are on subsitence wages. Why? No friggin' unions left so doff yer caps, touch yer forelocks and hold out yer 'ands for pay! Thankyou Sir ;)
Anyway, an Oyster is the best way to go as fares aren't as expensive as cash and after finishing your final journey you can place it on an oyster reader/cash machine and get the fiver deposit and any credits back instantly. :cool:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm not defending the strikes but they have never, since 1996, been about money but everything about safety. :
Oh, not about letting blokes who have failed numerous drug tests getting sacked? Is it safe to have a driver off his nut on chang? Funny how every strike about safety gets sorted once a pay rise is mentioned though.

Oh, not about letting blokes who have failed numerous drug tests getting sacked? Is it safe to have a driver off his nut on chang? Funny how every strike about safety gets sorted once a pay rise is mentioned though.
You obviously speak from experience. In my time there was no such dismissal. Drivers aren't even allowed to take Codein and their is a huge book detailing what action to take in the event of drug taking, prescription or recreational. All front line staff are subject to unannounced Drug and Alcohol Testing. But carry on with your beliefs, no-matter how wrong they are. :cool:

Are you all missing the bit at the bottom "Try before you buy"?
That's the price for a third of a pint, I believe.
I’m guessing that’s a joke? :) The Doom Bar is down at £1.99 a pint in some London ‘Spoons, including one I was in last week, but you wouldn’t believe some of the people you end up drinking with ;)

but they have never, since 1996, been about money but everything about safety.
That's not quite true, twice in the past I've came through Heathrow to find the tube on strike, the first time was over the sacking of a train driver, later it was over the closure of ticket offices and automation of ticket issuing. Since then I've avoided Heathrow like the plague.

ou only after look around at all industries in London to see that the majority of workers are on subsitence wages. Why? No friggin' unions left so doff yer caps, touch yer forelocks and hold out yer 'ands for pay! Thankyou Sir
Unions didn't do the miners much good, or the car industry or all the other jobs/industries that have automated or gone overseas. At the end of the day the rail system is a service, it's bad service when the customers are the ones getting screwed the most.

Got a problem with management over safety concerns then take it to a tribunal or court.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
You obviously speak from experience. In my time there was no such dismissal. Drivers aren't even allowed to take Codein and their is a huge book detailing what action to take in the event of drug taking, prescription or recreational. All front line staff are subject to unannounced Drug and Alcohol Testing. But carry on with your beliefs, no-matter how wrong they are. :cool:
Are you actually denying that they went on strike when one of their number failed testing and got sacked?
Fresh London Underground strikes announced
Also a few sacked for safety:-
Tube strike chaos after driver sacked for opening doors in tunnel
Tube strikes: Last-ditch talks collapse as unions prepare to walkout on two major Tube lines tomorrow - CityAM
Tube drivers to strike over sacked ‘drunk’ colleague
Is this enough to point out that drivers can be complete twats, but carry on with YOUR beliefs that tube drivers are complete angels let down by management.