Cost of single tube fare in London?

Well, I didn't find THAT pub when I was down in June.
Right next to Stepney Green station and they take Amex as well...called The Half Moon..highly recommend...ex-chapel and has a nice outside area for seating...and free wifi and clean toilets..

But yes, I got used to the 4 to 7 pound prices for a pint...ridiculous...

I have only ever been able to look at a yacht from the quay.

If you're joining one methinks that you can probably help the Mayor return TfL's finances to the black (can I say that?).

Or are you parsimonious?

Learn to sail and you to can join as crew, a misconception how much sailing costs at the lower end.

Right next to Stepney Green station and they take Amex as well...called The Half Moon..

But yes, I got used to the 4 to 7 pound prices for a pint...ridiculous...
I was at the Excel - captive market. And I don't have a stab vest, so wandering up to Newham was out of the question.

Shout out "Police open the barrier" hurdle it and chase after imaginary person.
At the other end repeat the process and you have saved money.

Only downside is if your Brazilian/Rucksack on Back or the Commissioner of the Met is GOLD Command

Single or return, and at what time?

Are you sure you don't have contactless - I can't remember the last time I saw a card without the function, unless you are on the most basic of accounts.

EDIT: it may well be correct - they're gradually forcing people to it. You could take the number 17 or 205 bus, which would be £1.50 - but you can't pay in cash on the bus, so you'd need to get an oyster card (£5 refundable deposit - get it back when you give the card back).
If you have a contactless credit/debit card you don't need an Oyster card

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
I am getting a tube from Kings Cross to Tower Hill tonight and just looked up price, £4.90 if paying by cash, is that right, dont have an Oyster Card or Contactless. That seems a bit steep even by London standards.
All the info you need is here:

Fares

You can buy & top up an Oyster Card from most newsagent / Londis type shops that are pretty much on every main street in Greater London.

Work out how much you need on card using link above then quite simply...

Tap in, tap out - job jobbed.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
That’s one thing I did miss when I retired, free transport on trains and all London transport.
Do the police still get that perk?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I was a London Underground driver. I retiured in 2009 and I was on £51,000 as an instructor. It won't be much more above that now. The £100,000 story came via Ken when he was Mayor and said if elected he would ensure drivers got £100,000. Then when he was elected he turned on ALL LU staff and objected to everything at every turn. :cool:
You don’t turn though, maybe go round in circles on the circle line but;).
Well he probably thought his expenses were more important, and what’s a promise to a politician, especially one like that piece of poo?

That’s one thing I did miss when I retired, free transport on trains and all London transport.
Do the police still get that perk?

From the age of 14 days prior to their 60th birthday and for a fee of 20 quid, London residents can apply for an Oyster60+ card, which gives them free travel in London.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
From the age of 14 days prior to their 60th birthday and for a fee of 20 quid, London residents can apply for an Oyster60+ card, which gives them free travel in London.
So every one else is subsidising their travel then.
At least as a copper you had a duty to step in and deal with anything if the need arose. That was the whole point of police travelling free.

So every one else is subsidising their travel then.
AFAIK the scheme is subsidized by the London boroughs. After about 5 years the 60+ Oyster card expires whereupon the holder can receive a "Freedom Card", subject to showing proof of residency in a London borough.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer