Cost of an ND on tour?

Discussion in 'Military Discipline' started by the_beer_man, Oct 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had a lad ND at the loading bay the other night. The boss reckons he's looking at losing his tour bonus which sucks. A couple of us are trying to figure out if there's such a thing as a maximum fine. A few ideas that have been spouted are 2 weeks ranging upto 28 days. I'm sure there is no maximum and the CO can award what he wants.

Any ideas? The title of brew bitch for the day is riding on this.

2. AFA06 gives the details - The book says it could be upto 28 days pay.

Manual of Service Law, Vol 1, Ch 14, pg 11

Page not found

3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

There's a fair number of these happen. It's almost always 28 days pay as a fine - pretty standard, Officer or Soldier.

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Whatever the cost, it is better than living with the knowledge that your poor skills have injured or killed one of your mates!

5. Very true mate. Thats what we've been saying. ND's are shit but at least it was in the best (and I use that phrase losely) place possible.

6. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Edited - just repeating Auld Yin.

7. IIRC, H15 was your tour bonus.

8. Its the tour bonus, and i think its COMBRITFOR policy now for all weapons related negligence

9. Strong call if your tour bonus is greater than 28 days pay. I hope COMBRITFOR has amended the appropriate legislation......

• Like Like x 1
  10. my last unit - on tour was 28 days as this is max allowed. V interested to seehow forfeiture of the Op Bonus could stick

• Like Like x 1
  11. It is when you consider the average op tour bonus works out at around the £5k mark.

12. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Whatever he gets is deserved, particularly if he's carrying any level of rank. If he schimfs about it, they should go with the 28 and make him carry a broomstick for the rest of his service.

13. I'd go for CM if I were the original poster's 'lad' - it is his right and the punishment won't be made up to satisfy COMBRITFOR and thus will be legal.

14. On H16 we were told it was your Op Tour bonus.

15. I'm led to believe that a broomstick is not a great deal of use in contact...

Have you been taking "Spouting shite" pills today?

• Like Like x 3