Cost of an ND on tour?

Had a lad ND at the loading bay the other night. The boss reckons he's looking at losing his tour bonus which sucks. A couple of us are trying to figure out if there's such a thing as a maximum fine. A few ideas that have been spouted are 2 weeks ranging upto 28 days. I'm sure there is no maximum and the CO can award what he wants.

Any ideas? The title of brew bitch for the day is riding on this.

AFA06 gives the details - The book says it could be upto 28 days pay.

Manual of Service Law, Vol 1, Ch 14, pg 11

Page not found

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
There's a fair number of these happen. It's almost always 28 days pay as a fine - pretty standard, Officer or Soldier.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Whatever the cost, it is better than living with the knowledge that your poor skills have injured or killed one of your mates!

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Its the tour bonus, and i think its COMBRITFOR policy now for all weapons related negligence

Its the tour bonus, and i think its COMBRITFOR policy now for all weapons related negligence
Strong call if your tour bonus is greater than 28 days pay. I hope COMBRITFOR has amended the appropriate legislation......

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
my last unit - on tour was 28 days as this is max allowed. V interested to seehow forfeiture of the Op Bonus could stick
Whatever he gets is deserved, particularly if he's carrying any level of rank. If he schimfs about it, they should go with the 28 and make him carry a broomstick for the rest of his service.

I'd go for CM if I were the original poster's 'lad' - it is his right and the punishment won't be made up to satisfy COMBRITFOR and thus will be legal.

If he schimfs about it, they should go with the 28 and make him carry a broomstick for the rest of his service.
I'm led to believe that a broomstick is not a great deal of use in contact...

Have you been taking "Spouting shite" pills today?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm led to believe that a broomstick is not a great deal of use in contact...

Have you been taking "Spouting shite" pills today?
Getting shot by one of your own doesn't help much either.

if he was at the loading bay then the offr/nco supervising him should expect to get some, not the lad himself. this is why we have loading bays

Getting shot by one of your own doesn't help much either.
I know, but even a spouter of shite like you would eventually grasp that its better to have a bloke on Operations carrying a weapon, really? And when was a Brit last killed by a Brit ND, spouter?

Talk us through your operational experience 'O Great One'.
No Op tours, I'm afraid, which is why I said "led to believe".

Your last contact was with a family member as I recall - and you lost.
Yep, thought so: 400mg "Spouting shite" pills. I did wonder when I noted that you're spouting shite today.

H17 its your tour bonus.... Altho I agree with DD.......

The_Duke

LE
I know, but even a spouter of shite like you would eventually grasp that its better to have a bloke on Operations carrying a weapon, really? And when was a Brit last killed by a Brit ND, spouter?
Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Military Operations | Ranger David Dalzell killed in Afghanistan

A good lad by all accounts, and the bloke that shot him was gutted.

They then had another one very shortly afterwards, but who luckily managed to survive.

(Caveat: Other units have had NDs resulting in death or serious injuries, etc, etc)