Cost of a respray

I am looking for a rough cost - nearest £100 for what it should cost me to have a front bumper resprayed. It is a plastic bumper and gloss black (not metallic). Paint has been rubbed off but no actual damage to the bumper.

What am I looking at?

My guess is in the £250 region. But I would like to hear from anyone who has had similar done recently or is in/connected with the business and can advise.

P

PrinceAlbert

The other option is to ring a few repair places and ask? A novel approach I know, but it may prove fruitful.

Repair places I have called have all siad the same thing - bring it in and we will have a look. Even a good description and clear statement that all I want is a respray, no repair work, wont get them to make a ball-park estimate. I just want to know if it is even woirth considering.

Its on a Vauxhall Astra, black as stated. it is just a "rub" but quite a large patch hence why I am considering a respray of the whole bumper.

Thanks PA, thats close to what I was expecting.

Repair places I have called have all siad the same thing - bring it in and we will have a look. Even a good description and clear statement that all I want is a respray, no repair work, wont get them to make a ball-park estimate. I just want to know if it is even woirth considering.

Its on a Vauxhall Astra, black as stated. it is just a "rub" but quite a large patch hence why I am considering a respray of the whole bumper.

Price a new one first , sometimes they can be cheaper than a repair , other times you may have a coronary.

Google is your friend.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Try someone that just does chips, don't have it all resprayed if it's not needed. They won't give you a price without looking at it. If you ask any local garages who they recommend, could be useful.

It's a Poxhall Disastra, so hardly worth fixing. However, in the spirit of co-operation - my Jaaaag bumper was damaged in a similar manner, and a local bodyshop did it for £40. Zircon blue metallic is a tricky bugger to match, but they did an excellent job. £200 for a bumper blowover is a pisstake. You can get a windows-out and all trim off respray on a non-metallic car for £500.

Ahhhh..but what gloss black...Java Black, Night Black, Diamond Black...the list goes on and on!

Its easy enough to do yourself with a spray can and wet and dry. Light coats, rub down in between and it comes out looking lovely!

Laods and loads of "How to's" on YouTube etc.

Thanks for all the input. Its not my car so I am not looking to do a home made job on it. The rub is probably too big for satisfactory treatment as a scratch. As long as it comes in for £200 or less I will be content.

Thanks for all the input. Its not my car so I am not looking to do a home made job on it. The rub is probably too big for satisfactory treatment as a scratch. As long as it comes in for £200 or less I will be content.
Come on..whos car did you borrow without them knowning...and when are they back?

Silly question, have you tried good old T-Cut? If its a rub and not a scrape its amazing how well T-cut can sort things.

I smashed the rear bumper on an MG ZS a while back, bought a green 2nd hand bumper from a breakers for £20, prepped it myself and got a local garage to do the star silver re-spray for £80.

Ahhhh..but what gloss black...Java Black, Night Black, Diamond Black...the list goes on and on!

Its easy enough to do yourself with a spray can and wet and dry. Light coats, rub down in between and it comes out looking lovely!

No, that will be Blackasapriest'ssock Black Dougal..... that's REALLY fecking black.

It's a Poxhall Disastra, so hardly worth fixing. However, in the spirit of co-operation - my Jaaaag bumper was damaged in a similar manner, and a local bodyshop did it for £40. Zircon blue metallic is a tricky bugger to match, but they did an excellent job. £200 for a bumper blowover is a pisstake. You can get a windows-out and all trim off respray on a non-metallic car for £500.

Nothing wrong with vauxhalls!,