Cost of a pint could rise 60% to £4

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hong_kong_fuey, Nov 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. £4?????? Thats cheaper than some bars in london.

2. I'll worry when it does. As I am in Germany I don't think it will. If it does however stand by for massive German rearmament and rationing.

3. A mate of mine owns a micro brewery and needs help with R&D, so not for me!

4. Yeah, well, they take the piss in those bars with their watered down brews. Imagine their prices rising by 60%. Around here you can still get a pint for under a couple of quid.

5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I'm already paying £3.10 for a Guinness in deepest darkest Hampshire. 60% takes it to just under a £5. 8O

Time to stock in from the offie, I think

6. It's a damn good job that Somerfield value lager is only 94p for 4 cans then!

7. My corporal mess was chargeing 70p for just under a pint since PAYD took over its gone up to £2.80 an increase of 300%, Don't think it was to do with the price of hops though :cry:

8. As if Guardian readers care about the price of beer

9. Isn't there a rule of thumb that in Britiain a pint of beer has traditionally been around the price of the largest coin in circulation? And aren't they bringing a £5 coin into full circulation soon? :cry:

10. Not until they introduce a 5 Euro coin. We have the same denominations as the Euro, and the faint buzzing sounds I get from my tinfoil hat suggest that isn't by accident... :eek:

11. Can I be the first to say I'm outraged?

12. So know the holiest of holy's is going up in price along with everything else we can eat and drink does this mean inflation will finally start to rise? or does it not count as the price of 32" flatscreens is still falling?

13. 70p or not, I'd take it back and demand a full measure!

14. Five pound coins are legal tender, but are intended as souvenirs and are almost never seen in circulation.

[​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_five_pound_coin