Cosmic Super-Storm 2013

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DesktopCommando, Jul 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seems a bit like the old we're in for 2012 conspiracy theory time again.

Nasa warns solar flares from 'huge space storm' will cause devastation - Telegraph

National power grids could overheat and air travel severely disrupted while electronic items, navigation devices and major satellites could stop working after the Sun reaches its maximum power in a few years.

Senior space agency scientists believe the Earth will be hit with unprecedented levels of magnetic energy from solar flares after the Sun wakes “from a deep slumber” sometime around 2013.

2. Oh great, Y2K all over again!

3. I wouldn't be surprised to find it was a case of NASA realising their kit wasn't adequately protected and talking up the threat as career-insurance against mass failure.

4. ............but on the plus side the Northern Lights will be rather good due to the magnetic flux/solar wind bollocks I have just made up...

I'm glad I bought that valve amp and generator. I can still annoy the neighbours irrespective of solar catastraphoooee.

Seeing as we have a few years to plan for the ensuing Thunderdome Post Apocalyptic nightmare of no Ipods, here's my Checklist for the 7p's

Polytunnel (grow your own veg)
    Petrol
    Pasta
    Paper (news and loo)
    Pallats (for burning)
    Poultry
    Pellets(airgun, bunnies for dinner)

coP

5. I shouldn't worry about it if I were you. We're all supposed to check out in December 2012 according to that dude with the pirate radio station in Yellowstone Park. :p :)

[​IMG]

6. You forgot, Personal Weapon, for when some tries to take the rest of it off you.

7. Tin foil, where's me fcuking tin foil.

8. That will be the 11 year solar cycle then

9. It's the kind of outrageous headline you'd expect from the Daily Mail. Fortunately, tin foil will protect you!