COs Directives

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by animalfromthemuppets, May 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there a definitive list of directives a CO must produce?
    There is some hair pulling going on over here! :x
    If there is, where might I find it published?
    Many thanks in advance.....
  2. msr

msr LE

Whatever he wants to give direction on, I would imagine.

3. Don't confuse 'Directives' with all the other gubbins the CO is required to produce. The CO's directive is simply a statement of how he/she intends to deliver capability. There is no set format (other than JSP 101) and it can cover any range of subjects: adaptive foundation training is always popular and a vote winner on high, recognising the poor standard of low level skills, weapon training, need to invest in our people etc etc etc.

Get the idea: it's all bloody common sense and is designed to provide a framework of delivery. And I'll stop there as I just heard someone at the back call 'House!' :D
  4. If you have access to the army internet, navigate to the army portal & then navigate to the Sigs website (SOIC?) at Blandford.

There site is excellent and prime for ripping off policies etc.

Why do all the work when someones already done it and been kind enough to publish it :D

There are also lots of other sites that have alternative policies etc, look and you shall find :)