Cortege At Wootton Bassett

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by TheBFG, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not aware of any other thread that covers this,so I thought I would start one. I will update it with new info when I have it,but this will help anyone who would like to attend repatriations but never hear the details until it is to late.
    A Repatriation Ceremony will take place on Tuesday 5th May 2009 for L/Sgt Tobie Fasfous 1st Battalion Welsh Guards. It will be passing through the town at 12.45hrs.

The time may change and if it does I will update,but it may only vary by one hour or so.

I hope to see some of you there,I'll be with the RAFP Ass.

2. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Any chance of these being made Sticky, Mods?
  3. At the moment there is no change for the time at Wootton Bassett tomorrow.
  4. There will be many WG Assoc there, buses from North and South wales - Cymru Am Byth
  5. No change of time so take it is 12.45hrs.
  6. Cheers mate, leaving The Shot in about an hour. I'll be the beardy one with a maroon tie on and a couple of women in tow.
  7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

A word of caution - even if the ramp ceremony is on time, the move through WB can be delayed for some time.

After the formalities, the family can spend time at the chapel of rest with their loved one before the move to the coroners.

The families are (quite rightly) not rushed through this process, so be prepared to wait for some time after the stated "likely" movement time through Wootton Bassett.
  8. Just back from Wootton Bassett, there was a very good turn out with a large number from the Welsh Guards Ass plus more Standards than the last one in march. The cortege came through at about 13.05hrs,just for a minute the years seem to drop away and we are all back serving again.It is very moving.

I also got to meet JD which was good, so there were at least two from ARRSE there. Perhaps next time,and sadly there will be a next time, more of you can make it.
  9. Likewise mate.
  10. You would be surprised at how many Arrsers are actually there
  11. Well come up and say hello next time ,you can't miss the SnowDrops.I'm the good looking one. Careful JD remember you told me your little secret :wink:
  12. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Please remember that not all of us can be there but I for one would like you and anyone who goes to WB to carry my respects to the fallen. For everyone who goes there there are dozens who cannot.

If anyone can think of some respectful and pertinent tribute for an arrser to carry from us all any suggestions would be appreciated.
  13. Definitely the best looking bloke there in a non gay sort of way.
  14. You two didn't go for a drink afterwards and Bezzer up did you? :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.