*correction* 39 sigs annual camp

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by sig_nuggit, Jul 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone doing the shooting package? Everyone from my unit is either driving or sailing.

Our 2IC is going to be assisting (if not running) shooting 4&5 and has something special lined up; along the lines of a two-man alley shoot, live fire and manoeuvre (apparently).
  2. Think I'm on it?

But most of our time will be spent waiting by the side of motorways!!!!
  3. Sounds fun, any chance of you giving any more details away?? I haven’t heard anything about that.
  4. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Goku -

Possibly the wrong 2 Brigade!

I think they're talking about the strange one involving scalies, not the real one :)
  5. Where are you based BB?

Did you opt for the shooting package?

Why the motorway mis-adventures? Have you been before and know what to expect???
  6. There are no scallies in our 2 Brigade thanks :lol:, some west country-ers but no scallies.
  7. That would explain why I hadn’t heard about the shoot ‘n sail.

Wrong 2 Brigade eh??!!??
    Well they do say imitation is the best form of flattery
  8. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Um. There is no 2 (NC) Sig Bde Annual Camp nuggit so no idea what you're on about.

Regts have arranged their own camps this year. The Bde FTX was last year.

Don't you think the best place to ask about this is in your Sqn rather than on here where clearly no-one knows which camp you mean?

Who may well be there but then you may be talking about something TOTALLY different.
  9. Scaryspice: Correct and noted, I had two minutes to type that up before a meeting. What I actually meant to ask, was which of 47 sigs (of 2 Brigade) were coming along in September. We've had one week of our camp already but we're still joining the rest of 47 sigs for the second leg.

Sorry for any confusion. (blond!)
  10. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Very blonde Nuggit.

It's not 47 Sig Sqn's camp either. It's 39 Sig Regt's. Blimey don't they teach you the structure of your Regiment in Phase 1 trg anymore? :)

11. Yes it is indeed 39 Sig Regt (V) camp! However it's the Regt Phase. It's a range package laid on by the Regt Trg SSgt apparrently. It'll be based on transition to field firing shoots and will also incorporate some corporate activities in the lake district involving aerial rope walks etc and the Lafone Cup (Take it you know what that is Sig Nuggit (its your Sqns VC winners trophy!) and this time you're going to have to work for it if you want it back in your Sqn this year! Anyway, the warning order has been out for a couple of weeks now, suggest you turn in and have a look at it!
  12. So there are others from 39 on here, jolly good.
  13. Scary .... thats a pre course requisite for class 3 - RS (NC) Op (V)'s :lol:
  14. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Polar - It was a rhetorical question really! Once upon a time, way way back when the empire was young, I used to TEACH this stuff to recruits in my Regiment, so I KNOW they get told (in some regiments!).

Who is getting TOO OLD for all this.
  15. They had to ditch it off the course when semaphore was replaced by pigeons :lol: :lol: :lol: