correct if wrong, revision.... 4 rules of marksmanship

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by gah123, Mar 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 1. position and hold must be firm enough to support the weapon.
    2. the weapon must natuarly at the target without any undue physical effort.
    3. the aim sight / aim picture (if usiung SUSAT) must be correct.
    4. the shot must be followed through without any undue disturbance to the firing position.

apart from the grammar mark me.....
  2. Site picture must be correct regardless of sight type. SUSAT and Iron sights tend to promote different faults in my experience but if you want to shoot well then sight picture must be correct.

Edited for carelessly missing a word.
  3. 4. It used to be 'disturbance to the point of aim' not 'disturbance to the firing position'.

I may be out of date though.
  4. 3. Sight alignment, sight picture must be correct.
  5. I assume the missing word is point...
  6. lol, well i got the jist of it then
  7. Just a minor point but I believe they are "principles" rather than "rules"
  8. 307

307 War Hero

1. The weapon should point naturally at the target without and undue physical effort
    2. The position and hold must be firm enough to support the weapon
    3. Sight picture and sight alignment should be correct
    4.The shot should be released and followed through without any undue disturbance to the position

Pretty much word for word that, the correct release of the shot is one of the most important factors in good shooting, you could get all the others right, but you snatch that trigger and foul up the release, your shooting will suffer.
  9. any undue physical effort.

For should read must I was always taught and have taught.
  10. Oh my God,Get a life
    I,ve taught Recruits,and sprog Officers for about 10 years. many times have we been on the range and some muppet is just a "natural"
    does you nut right in......all that teachin gone to waste!
    Still nice to see it!
    If you a Pish shot the system will help you.....
    but some are just good..
    In my outfit too many hunters i think! LOL
    Ah well...
  11. gah it’s not important to know the marksmanship principles word for word, what is important is for you to be able to understand and apply them.
    No need to be **** about it.
  12. You are Of course Correct old chap!
    But as so often too many know the PAM 6 but very few can covert this to the
    Info to get rounds on CZP and far too many follow a poor shot all over the screen !
    you have to admit the Marvel of AMS as an aid to Train the Battle shot!
    All ranges should be converted as soon as possible.
    Every time we go to use one of the three in our neck of the woods they are over booked.
    (Even by the Navy outfit!)
  13. While it is good to have a grasp of the marksmanship Principles. I believe that people too much time ensuring, that recruits spout them out word for word. Instead of confirming that they understand what the principle entails and how to achieve it. This is where the DCCT is an excellent aid to confirming SAA Lessons 5&6.

Tartan, Howdy Doody. How's things over in Fraggle Rock. :lol:

Do'nt want to be picky, but it's Pam 5 Now. I'll get martin to give you an update. 8O

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  14. Breathing is very important too. Well it makes a difference on the range, however I would guess that in battle, it would be impossible to apply.

I reduced my grouping by about a third as soon as I mastered the pre breathing and empty lung technique.