Corps plan 2008 - Inst Tech future unsustainable

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Royalsignals.co.uk, Jun 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First off they have binned the Inst Tech/ ED merger. They didn't really know how they could achieve a supervisory route that was effective and long lasting. This does put Inst Tech on a dangerous ground as they are no longer on future trade review.

its not cricket

2. Strange, as a supervisor not in the main stream (i.e. TA), This ED/ Inst Tech merger complete sense. Why have reg techs sorting out out Cat 5 when a TA ED could do it with minimal training. I would also agree a 'super' ED/inst Tech could advise on many issues.

3. I have the same concerns about the future of Elecs.

Every question asked of R Sigs soldier wing, comes with a 'can't really be arrsed answer'.

4. EDs could handle the copper. CS Engs the fibre.... and copper. In reality the the whole ins side can be done by techs. I have seen it done. Perhaps 81 cld hold a number of tradesmen who could surge jobs, drawn from all trades, for big jobs.

Ins tech goes the way of the mech, and the Corps moves on.

5. I personally think ED/Install Tech combined would have been a very successful trade, It would be rocky for the first couple of years with rostering and posts but hey ho, its not to be