Corps Open Day

Discussion in 'REME' started by Nobby_REME, Jun 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How many are heading to Arborfield on the 4th July for a drinking session?
    Intend to be there for 12.00 through to 18.00, just might try to consume my body weight in ale :oops:

Nobby

2. Yep, should be good!

3. im currently joinin the corps so im gonna try and get down for a mosey

4. Danny Mo

Bring your wallet mate, be a few of us pensioners about to bore you with our tales of life in the Corps :D

Nobby

5. do you suggest a trip down if we are looking to join reme? bit of an insight? or is it just a big piss up?

6. Definatley a big piss up

7. Sorry, joining REME, or just the open day?

8O

8. The buggers have arranged a range package that weekend, it should be illegal to work the Corps weekend. :)

9. I thought it was illegal to work any weekend.Certainly is in this house unless the pay is seriously enhanced.Weekends are for drinking and eating . :wink:

Edited for carp spolinig.

10. whole battalion is going, we got coaches laid on.

11. It will be a great weekend, helicopters, hotdogs and ice creams, personally I would rather stick my head in a vat of boiling piss. I'm just miserable though. Enjoy.

12. Taff

There is the beer tent & the chance to bump into old comrades, that is the only reason I am attending. I saw enough ancient vehicles both Armoured & wheeled during my time, so it will be straight to the action for me :D

Nobby

13. Never been. Where is it? Arborfield I assume?

14. PrinceAlbert, Yes - at Arborfield, gates open at 11am, events start at 12 and beer tent will be open - does it ever shut?

15. Beer tent was open all day last year - hic :oops:

Nobby