Corps of Royal Engineers - Innovators par excellence

Discussion in 'Staff College and Staff Officers' started by Delboy3, Feb 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Across the history of the British armed forces the RE have without question been the greatest innovators in warfare not just on the land battlefield but in the air and at sea - discuss

Starter for ten - First military aviation?
  2. What is the aim of your post?

Pretty much, to a man the rest of the army appreciates the efforts of the Corps!

Personally I do not go in for the 'Self appreciation society' approach to arrse, although I will defend the Corps when slated! :numberone:

If the 'Self appreciation society' approach was not your intention ...then oops apologies all round!

At the end of the day we are all here to support the fighting troops on the ground be they Inf or the OCs rover group made up of all the bottle washers etc!
  3. Priam says

I have been away from the Corps for quite a while and whilst proud of the heritage I am concerned that the 'Modern Army' is diluting tradition in general

I had hoped that other arms would illustrate their own contributions to the 'art of war' to perhaps demonstrate that the diversity that existed previously is the very catalyst that produced innovation on the battlefield. Perhaps it would have been easier to ask a direct question, but after all this is ARRSE
  5. Priam, I just wrote that!
  6. Not the bit in bold you didn't...or I am a bit more worse for wear han I thought :thumright:
  7. Priam,

Humble apologies, one too many Taliskers for me tonight I guess!
  8. No Dramas, I spelt 'than' wrong!!

Have a trawl of the Sapper forum...the Esprit de Corps is still there.
  9. Priam writes

That may be so, but with an Army smaller than the Corps at its prime can we expect that the innovations of previous years can be replicated (this is is exponentially more difficult in in deirect ratio to the consumption of single malt). I think I will retire to contemplate my navel or something in that general direction
  10. OK mate, revisit this at a later date ...drop me a pm when you next post, so I can respond

Toodle pip

(P1ssed Priam)