Corps Magazine

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by fingers_1661, Feb 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a note to gauge the opinion of serving RE's re the Corps Magazine with a view to subscribing to or perhaps advertising in it.

Is it popular/well read?

Does it reach the outstations worldwide?

Is it monthly, quaterly?

Thank you.

2. There's a Corps magazine :?

3. WAH

You've never heard of sapper mag?

4. Its the mag that lies around the G10 for ages. When you do pick it up all you do is try to find people you know so you can crate them!!!

5. Yeap that's the one!

Where you spend hours penning a beautiful piece about the Sqn/Troop's part in the invasion of Kosovo only to have your troopy re-write the whole thing into a tiresome dirge!
    Some of my best work, there were no elephants and munitions factories involved!

Luckily my face was too ugly to make it into the mag, managed to get others crated though after Iraq! :)

6. It's always good to know what's happening around the Corps but what the hell is the section "60 Seconds with 2Lt ******" all about? Who really gives a sh1t what sports he plays...what was the last cd he bought...what is his favourite tv show!!! What bollox.

7. I think if you star in that section it becomes the ultimate crate, it would be worse than a front page crate.

8. That section is just to remind the real workers that their leaders are T**TS

9. I'll start again.

Just a note to gauge the opinion of serving RE's re the Corps Magazine with a view to subscribing to or perhaps advertising in it.

Is it popular/well read?

Does it reach the outstations worldwide?

Is it monthly, quaterly?

Thank you.

10. I was on the back cover of the Sapper once :)
    Skydiving in America with the corps team (I was a mere AFF student).

Crated!!!

11. Fingers,
    Yes it is, we all slate it, but all read it...........
    That said, its full of STRE coneheaded wierdos, and Officer Cadets on free trips to the bahamas, but we still all read it!

12. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

13. Yes, It does. Any R.E. that is posted outside of an Engineer Regiment can phone subscriptions and a copy will be sent to them wherever they are. I did this when I was posted to a Medical Regiment and never missed an edition. It was good to keep informed on what the Corps was up to (and what I was missing out on).

14. Reference the front page crate. I know a guy who was on the front holding a little African kid in a wheelbarrow.

1st crate - Being on the front
    2nd crate - Being on the front in shorts
    3rd crate - Smiling and meaning it
    4th crate - trying to steal an African kid and a G10 wheelbarrow and getting caught.

Great night in the bar that was.

15. Ahh yes the mighty December issue which features 50 HQ SQN!!!

3 pages off utter drivel of nothing while the field sqns were out doing real tasks under fire, but barely got mentioned.