Corps Lighting Troop

I had the good fortune to serve alongside these guys in 5Sqn 7 Sigs when it was in Herford in 90-92 is Corps lighting troop still around or was it disbanded when 7 Sigs moved to Krefeld?
I went on a watermanship course with some of these guys on the Wesser I think at 28 Amphib Hameln got well trollied and played some card game call uke or something like sounds like that good lads they were had a great laugh with them.

corps lights is now power troop & work out of jhq.

the card game is called Euchre, apparently the dictionary definition is "a simple card game played by soldiers" or so I'm told, never checked it cos i'm trusting like that!

:D
Ali_Gee said:
the card game is called Euchre, apparently the dictionary definition is "a simple card game played by soldiers" or so I'm told, never checked it cos i'm trusting like that!
yep and you can quote that definition to any Sapper, if your stupid, and particularly between the hous of ten and ten thirty!

snapper said:
Brill posting, great laugh (CLT 1987-89) Superb block urine-ups .....
Whoever the OC of CLT was then,, was a cnut !!! He used to make my life a misery during my 14 days SUS when he was orderly ofr. Dunno if he copped any extras as he was always on every other day!!! The guys seemed alright though. Worked with them when I was in 4 Sqn on a few Ex Flying Fcukups.

Regards LT.

LoneTree said:
snapper said:
Whoever the OC of CLT was then,, was a cnut !!! He used to make my life a misery during my 14 days SUS when he was orderly ofr. Dunno if he copped any extras as he was always on every other day!!! The guys seemed alright though. Worked with them when I was in 4 Sqn on a few Ex Flying Fcukups.

Regards LT.
not bitter there fella, are you?

Corps Lights became Power Troop RE, part of ARRC Sp Bn and moved to JHQ Rhiendahlen
served 1995-2000

LoneTree said:
snapper said:

Regards LT.
Extras LT? :shock: Our OC Get Extras........ nah.... never ... :roll: Although being a 'top bloke' and of the old school he did stand up for his guys at every opportunity given and trust me we made loads of opportunities :lol::lol::lol:

Think the fella you refer to was a rather short Capt with a french sounding name and more badges than a boy-scout (all EARNED thou) great bloke, could run like a proverbial whippet being chased by a pack of frustrated Chatham munters!

He certainly went on to greater things in the Corp.

Short Capt with a french sounding name. Thats the bloke. All comments were tounge in cheek. It was his job to be a cnut to anybody unfortunate enough to be in klink. Especially siggys like me !!! Mind you I was a bit of a sh1tbag back then & probally deserved it. Happy days at 7 though. One of my most enjoyable postings.

Regards LT.

Worked with them from 88 to 92 whilst at 1 (BR) Corps. Fanastic lads. They even sent a few of them to the HQ FMA\FFMA in the Gulf with us during Granby. Andy L**e is a name I remember. A little stocky full screw he was.

Trying to get contact details for some of the lads I was in CLT with 1990-94.
If any one knows any of the singlies from this time, especially Frank S****, Chris D******, Daz L****, could you message me. Cheers

chaps said:
Trying to get contact details for some of the lads I was in CLT with 1990-94.
If any one knows any of the singlies from this time, especially Frank S****, Chris D******, Daz L****, could you message me. Cheers
Anyone know J** S****y from Plymouth, he went Corps Lighting Troop and seemed to vanish from the face of the Corps?! PM me please anyone with any info...

Same card game was always by the support troop guys whilst I was with 16 Fd Sqn / 25 Engr ER

the_man_in_the_corner said:
I remember the Lightiung troop, worked for them in 92 when they were still in Herford lived in the block two up.
I joined 43 Fld Sp in Osnabruck in 1973 and I was convinced by a sprog who had been there about 3 months longer than me that working with the Sqn lighting det' was the bee's knees, how naieve I was :oops: tactical exercises all the time :eek: Managed to get off the lighting det' and back to normal MT duties and then they gave me a 432 as a CP wagon to play with, drove that for nearly 2 years with no track license 8O

Extras LT? 8O our OC Get Extras........ nah.... never ... :roll: Although being a 'top bloke' and of the old school he did stand up for his guys at every oppourtunity given and trust me we made loads of oppourtunities :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think the fella you refer to was a rather short Capt with a french sounding name and more badges than a boy-scout (all EARNED thou) great bloke, could run like a preverbial whippet being chased by a pack of frustated Chatham munters!

He certainly went on to greater things in the Corp.
Captain Le Grhys......Para, Commando, Diver's badges....was my O.C. at CLT during my stay 1987 to 1989...his party piece was that he could burst a rubber marigold washing up glove by stretching it over his head and blowing it up with his nose until it exploded....marvellous to witness.

The R.E.'s were a troop strength att. to a 'large' Signals Regiment...there was always a bit of animosity, especially when we claimed our proper place on the parade square every Monday morning in Order of Precedence. You got the rum end of the stick, because he got the rum end of the stick from the senior Signals officers, he was anything but a cnut, and anyway, nick was supposed to be a punishment, ya weren't a 'handbag' by any chance?......but sure we are all friends now.

BJ was the best Troopy I ever had.
After serving under this man, I understand why people went "over the top" in 1914-1918. You just did not want to let the man down. We all (well, most of us) had a tremendious respect for the man and we would do all he ever ASKED for. Run ouselves into little piles of puking and snottering bits of shyte for you Sir? Of course we shall. Whatever you want Sir!
He was a man's man, a good laugh, stood up for us, worked us hard and hated dodgers and enjoyed a cool Herfy at the end of the week, just like us!
And, like us, I do not think that he had a lot of time for Scalies. What a bunch they were, not including the linies, mind. They were fine, hard grafting blokes and good drinking mates. Although they did stink a bit....
Had a wonderful time there. Just think of it: one Troop which took part in all sorts of games (RE at Hameln and footy matches at 7 Sigs) and managed to do surprisingly well (considering we only had about 25 blokes to choose from, including the spastics) most of the time.
But the corridoor piss-ups were fantastic. Still got foto's when Holland beat Russia in the 1988 Euro Finals. I actually LOST a day afterwards. Just gone, just like that.
Top bloke and I wonder what became of him? Poberly went on to become one of "them", I shouldn't wonder.
Oh yes, nice to hear from you again Paul.