Corps JNCO Course

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Vintage, Nov 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been told verbally that I have been put forward for our Corps JNCO Course, it is only a week long, and we are having a leadership weekend the weekend before.

The information on here is very helpful, but varies from Regular to TA, Infantry to Corps etc

Am I right in thinking it will be MATTS,WHT, PFT, CFT + Section Attacks.

I joined to do soldiering, but apart from CMSR, haven't really done much, done lots of sweeping and tea making though. So I am looking forward to this challenge early on in my time with the TA, just would like some assistance in getting some information so I actually know what I'm talking about or can go to the right person in our unit and get it.

Many thanks.

AND YES IT IS JUST A WEEK LONG AND YES I HAVE BEEN IN LESS THAN A YEAR, but I have done Phase 1 & 2, and I'm a bit older than the majority of recruits (and fitter in most instances).

I would say Incoming, but I haven't been taught anything like that yet.
  2. You will no doubt do section attacks. You will be expected to act as section commander or section 2 I/C at some point during the week. You will be expected to give a set of orders as SC. You will have to do command tasks.

Expect very little sleep over the week and expect to be bollo(ked if you and/or your section fcuk up.
  3. So this replaces the old one weekend to get your first tape?
  4. jmj

jmj Old-Salt

What's your cap badge Vintage? You may find someone's done your course recently.
  5. msr

msr LE

6. RA

Thanks for the link, the problem is who should be explaining each of these inserts at my unit?

I taught myself which end of the brush to hold.....

Many thanks
  7. jmj

jmj Old-Salt

I did the RA course run by CVHQ in 2007. If you're doing the same thing then the basic contents were:
    Orders (very basic level)
    Loads of command tasks
    Death by powerpoint on numerous topics (pay, agai etc)
    Good chunk in the field with navigation / recce / section level attacks all featuring.

Don't worry too much about taking enirex type stuff as you'll get it all produced for you (and if you use your own like I did you'll find it'll be formatted differently and just confuse people!)

It was an excellent week and I (and I think the rest of the course) really enjoyed it.

Have fun.
  8. msr

msr LE

Thanks for adding that to the wiki :twisted:
  9. I went on an RMC weekend recently with an orders book full of enirex info, think its fair to say I was one of the better prepp'd bods there