Corps JNCO Course

I have been told verbally that I have been put forward for our Corps JNCO Course, it is only a week long, and we are having a leadership weekend the weekend before.

The information on here is very helpful, but varies from Regular to TA, Infantry to Corps etc

Am I right in thinking it will be MATTS,WHT, PFT, CFT + Section Attacks.

I joined to do soldiering, but apart from CMSR, haven't really done much, done lots of sweeping and tea making though. So I am looking forward to this challenge early on in my time with the TA, just would like some assistance in getting some information so I actually know what I'm talking about or can go to the right person in our unit and get it.

Many thanks.

AND YES IT IS JUST A WEEK LONG AND YES I HAVE BEEN IN LESS THAN A YEAR, but I have done Phase 1 & 2, and I'm a bit older than the majority of recruits (and fitter in most instances).

I would say Incoming, but I haven't been taught anything like that yet.

You will no doubt do section attacks. You will be expected to act as section commander or section 2 I/C at some point during the week. You will be expected to give a set of orders as SC. You will have to do command tasks.

Expect very little sleep over the week and expect to be bollo(ked if you and/or your section fcuk up.

RA

Thanks for the link, the problem is who should be explaining each of these inserts at my unit?

I taught myself which end of the brush to hold.....

Many thanks

jmj

Old-Salt
Vintage said:
RA

Thanks for the link, the problem is who should be explaining each of these inserts at my unit?

I taught myself which end of the brush to hold.....
I did the RA course run by CVHQ in 2007. If you're doing the same thing then the basic contents were:
Drill
Orders (very basic level)
Loads of command tasks
Death by powerpoint on numerous topics (pay, agai etc)
Good chunk in the field with navigation / recce / section level attacks all featuring.

Don't worry too much about taking enirex type stuff as you'll get it all produced for you (and if you use your own like I did you'll find it'll be formatted differently and just confuse people!)

It was an excellent week and I (and I think the rest of the course) really enjoyed it.

Have fun.

jmj said:
Don't worry too much about taking enirex type stuff as you'll get it all produced for you
Thanks for adding that to the wiki :twisted:

msr said:
jmj said:
Don't worry too much about taking enirex type stuff as you'll get it all produced for you
Thanks for adding that to the wiki :twisted:
I went on an RMC weekend recently with an orders book full of enirex info, think its fair to say I was one of the better prepp'd bods there