Corps Grace

Discussion in 'RLC' started by big-timer, Sep 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Random question for the spotters amongst us:

Is there an RLC Corps Grace for dinner nights? I know some of the other Corps have them. Mate of mine has been asked to find out and they're stumped.

B-T

2. For the food we are about to recieve and the skill of those who prepare it, amen

3. For the food and drink we are about to receive,

And the skill of those who prepare and serve it,

May the Lord make us truly grateful. Amen.

sorry here it is, a look on the RLC website would have been a good idea by the way...

4. I tried the website on the RLI and couldn't find it. I guess it's on the normal internet website?

Many thanks!

B-T

5. I personally cringe whenever I here the corps collect it sounds like a chuffing mission / vision statement. The only thing that’s missing is be prepared to tasks as it even has a unifying purpose. Que: disgruntled ex RAOC type to chunter about no unifying purpose in the RLC……..too big……….assimilated by the borg………should have gone to the REME etc etc

“God our Father, whose Son Jesus Christ ministered to the needs of mankind,
    May we of The Royal Logistic Corps so tackle the diverse tasks assigned to us,
    That wherever we serve, on land or sea or in the air,
    We may sustain our comrades both in peace and war,
    And thus be found worthy of those whom we seek to support,
    For the sake of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.”

6. Why is it a 'Grace'?

A more graceless set of words with less use or vision can scarcely be imagined.

Now we in the Army and RLC in particular are multi faith surely this anachronistic drivel could be binned. I am a Roman Catholic on my docs but I don't remember being asked if I believe. I may still be offended (as is my right - or would be if of any other religion) at the rantings of a bizarre ritualistic mob who worship the actions of a carpenter's son born to a virgin 2000 odd years ago.

And we ridicule those that claim aliens spoke to them. Aliens are more likely.......

7. Yes my dog tags also state my religion, it may not be relevant to my daily life and I may not really believe in it but if I'm in a BMH somewhere saying "I'm so cold" then bring in the Padre and let me repent, "I'm a sinner lord." Frankly in that state get me a Iman and a Rabbi too, hedge your fcuking bets, that what I say!

8. in reply.....
    Down went the gunner, a bullet was his fate
    Down went the gunner, then the gunners mate
    Up jumped the sky pilot, gave the boys a look
    And manned the gun himself as he laid aside The Book, shouting
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition and we'll all stay free!

Praise the Lord and swing into position!
    Can't afford to sit around and wishin'
    Praise the Lord we're all between perdition
    and the deep blue sea!

Yes the sky pilot said it
    You've got to give him credit
    for a son - of - gun - of - a - gunner was he,
    Shouting;
    Praise the Lord we're on a mighty mission!
    All aboard, we're not a - goin' fishin;
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition and we'll all stay free!

9. In reply?
    To What exactly?

10. L2A2FzdL25A4 are you that wild-eyed maniac who stands in a pi$$ stained mackintosh outside the hard rock cafe in Piccadilly talking about Armageddon?

11. Completely hatstand...