Corps bar Army/Navy 2011

Discussion in 'RLC' started by postman_twit, Jan 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen on the ticket proforma that the bar is only open from 1200-1430 then post match (no time stated) til 1900. I know the timings are controlled by the Twickenham Experience but it seems they will be missing out on a lot of potential beer sales from 1430 to approx 1645. I hope they don't eff about, like they did last year, and hold everyone back til they are 20 deep before letting them in! Crowd safety anyone?

Sweepstake on the cost of a 'pint' this time round? I'm going for £4.50.

Can I be the first to start the 'planters' rumour this year? I heard it from a LGV instructor at Leccy so it must be gen.
  2. Its closed half an hour before KO until after the match every year.

Nothing to see here, move along.......
  3. Yeah PT, thats how it always is!
  4. How the bloody hell would you know? Last year you had to ask me what your name was!!! ; )
  5. Was pointing out that it's not like T E to miss a profit making trick.
  6. They learnt there lesson when they left the outside bars open and hardly anyone bothered their arrse to go in Twickers watch whatever goes on in that ground (I never bother to watch the game, it's all about the drinking and banter for me!)

I'll be doing the same as usual, 3 bottles of beat the wife to see me through the dark hours before the tent re-opens!
  7. The cost of beer is between £4.50-£4.70 which IIRC 'still' on par on even cheaper than Wembley,

As for crowd safety, Twickenham along with many other venue's have been regulary training their 'Casual' staff (which makes up most of the stewards/supervisors and managers) in Crowd Safety L2/3/4 level for at least 2 years & is still ongoing, this is the first year i'll miss the Army/Navy game (working capacity) for the past 4 years as unable to take leave over the period

This Twickenham fixture gets the same questions, moans & gripes every year & bear in mind IIRC last year had it's highest attendace to date, about 55/6,000

The RE bar in the south stand is 'always' the biggest due to Twickenham spectator capacity of 5000, and they moan & winge every year also about being penned in, having previously witnessed potential crushes, drink related incidents and plenty of streakers over the years the mixed service & civpol are kept quite busy on this day,

It has & always been for a while & enjoyable day had by all, let this continue...
  8. I've just had a brainwave. Get Dingerr to wear some falsies for the day, fill them up with different types of cheapo booze and have optics where the toes should be. All profits to go towards the Dingerr Inebriation Fund! Dragon's Den here I come!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Being told it was all sorted for tickets and RLC tent swingers our organiser has since informed that he could only get match tickets from the Corps Rugby rep. No tent swingers left. WTF! May as well have not bothered.

I know it's a long shot - I'm after 4 Corps tent wristbands. Cheers.

PM me if you have any.

10. Thats happened to a few people GM. They are in high demand this year. I have sold my spare already unfortunately.
  11. General Melchett

Ineptitude on the part of our Unit ticket organiser.

No doubt he'll come back and tell us he's forgotten to book transport next. Rubbish C**t.
  12. Sounds like a proper clusterf**k! How can you book one and not the other? Is his name Baldrick?
  13. General Melchett

You can apply to the RLC Rugby Assoc who allocate wristbands and tickets on a first come first served basis. Only 3500 of each available so how they've managed to send match tickets and not wristbands is beyond me.

To add insult the covering letter says if we want our money back for the wristbands we have to apply in writing by the end of May otherwise it will be classed as a donation to the Corps. Cheeky fecker.

Oh, and why is the whole thing run from a private address in Doncaster and not HQ DRLC/ a military address?
  14. What's this about wristbands and tickets? Not to get in the beer tent I hope. If I'm there I'm coming in. Or some ***** are going to be embarrassed when they get mowed down.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. General Melchett

I'm sure you'll get in. Can we jump aboard in a White Helmets stylee?