Corps Band / Corps Balloon - Bookings?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by MAD_FERRET, Feb 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good Afternoon all

Has anyone on here booked either the Corps Band or the Balloon, and if so can you point me in the direction of who l need to speak too?

I've had a go at google etc, looked on the RE web pages and so on, but no joy.

Feel free to keep your witty comments to yourself, genuine answers please.

Many thanks for your time. PM me if need be.

2. Used to be run by Lt Col Bob Tonkins - now retired, bookings were through HQRE Chatham. Try their Chief Clerk

3. Many Thanks.

4. The RE Band can be contacted through the information below, the Director of Music is Major Neil Morgan and the Bandmaster is WO1 Craig Philbin

Telephone: +44 (0)1634 822321
    Fax: +44 (0)1634 822837

RE Band
    Brompton Barracks
    Chatham
    Kent ME4 4UG

General email: office@reband.org.uk

5. Thanks. Band Sorted!

Any ideas on the RE Flying machine? I will give 1RSME a buzz tommorow anyways.

6. We used a quintet from the RE TA in Nottingham for our 10th anniversary JLRRE do in Dover, and they were OK, but you really need to tell them EXACTLY what you want, the acrobat, wings etc etc, otherwise they just sit and watch you getting fat and pissed.
    We went through Brompton initially, and we borrowed some drums for a drumhead service which all helped to make the occasion a bit more polished.

7. Thats the one Knocker! Ive got comms now so hopefully shes mine....mwuhahahah!!