corps amalgamation

I heard we're amalgamating next year with Liberty the human rights people and within five years the Corps will disband and posts will be taken by people with beards who wash seldomly and name their kids after star trek characters

guido said:
I heard we're amalgamating next year with Liberty the human rights people and within five years the Corps will disband and posts will be taken by people with beards who wash seldomly and name their kids after star trek characters
oi nosher - you been taking acid again?

I heard that the 'Tech' amalgamation would indeed take place nearing the end of next year with the trade reshuffle!!

Another point was the option of the 'System engineer' doing 3 more modules to become a yeoman. not to sure how long the course would be but more of a cross trade than a new trade.

Not to sure what would happen to 'foreman'????

heard off some ED that they will amalgamate with inst tech! thats what he reckons!!
as a mech, ive been told that we will now be trained for the 16th edition ( something to do with electrical cabling standards) apparantly this will make the telemech/inst tech more employable corps wide!!
no idea about the tech re shuffle though! but they are still well over manned arnt they!

mechanised said:
no idea about the tech re shuffle though! but they are still well over manned arnt they!
We're about 300 Tech JNCOs overmanned at the moment, although apparently they can't just stop running Tech Courses at Blandford for a few months (so we're 300 overmanned, but we'll carry on turning an extra 16 out every couple of weeks :roll: ).

Not heard anything about a Tech reshuffle though, apart from the REME rumours that have been flying round for ages - although my REME Tech contacts tell me they're hearing the exact inverse rumours (we're hearing that all Sig Techs will go to REME, they're hearing REME Techs to Sigs), have I missed a new rumour?

RS Ops will be replaced by infantry signallers
Spec Ops will all be remoted to sneaky place
Inst Techs will be contracted out to RS catalogue
Sys Engr Techs will be outsourced to REME
Storemen and Drivers will go to RLC
EDs will get replaced by sappers
IS Engrs will get replaced by a PC World call exchange
AS Ops will get replaced by Nortel internet search bots

That'll leave the officers to drink Pimms all day

Hurray for redundancy

Shakespeare said:
poison dwarf you should be an officer if your not already one.
not me guv - I'm an 'other rank' and always will be. I annoy far too many people to ever be part of the 'champagne' crowd - ilustrated partly through my often deliberately abrasive posts on ARRSE :D . And, of course (to quote the great cliche), I work for a living.

To be a scaley officer you need to have a relevant degree, er...like theology, geology or marine biology. As long as it's an "ology". And nothng do do with comms, electronics or IT

yeah we're definately disbanding, bloke in a pub told me. we're to be replaced by digital figure 11's which will come into service 2012, (probably 2025) then by the time the teething problems are sorted our country will have long gone anyway after being swept away in a tsunami after a meteorite lands in the North Sea and whats left of Britain will have been annexed by France.

To be a scaley officer you need to have a relevant degree, er...like theology, geology or marine biology. As long as it's an "ology". And nothng do do with comms, electronics or IT[/quote]

Once had a Troop Commander with a degre in Zen Bhuddism. Mad as a kettle of fish.

But surely a degree in art history, Klingon dialect or whatever proves you can learn to a degree standard. Then there is the Troop commanders course to do. You don't realise what a capable group of people officers are.

It takes diligence and sacrifice to bugger off on adventure training/courses all the time while you "trust" your Tp Staffy to run the troop properly.

PoisonDwarf said:
RS Ops will be replaced by infantry signallers
Spec Ops will all be remoted to sneaky place
Inst Techs will be contracted out to RS catalogue
Sys Engr Techs will be outsourced to REME
Storemen and Drivers will go to RLC
EDs will get replaced by sappers
IS Engrs will get replaced by a PC World call exchange
AS Ops will get replaced by Nortel internet search bots

That'll leave the officers to drink Pimms all day

Hurray for redundancy
I already drink pimms all day; in the summer at least. And you certainly don't need a degree to do that. Just a bit of style. :twisted:

decrepitsoldier said:
To be a scaley officer you need to have a relevant degree, er...like theology, geology or marine biology. As long as it's an "ology". And nothng do do with comms, electronics or IT
Once had a Troop Commander with a degre in Zen Bhuddism. Mad as a kettle of fish.[/quote]

A previous OC of mine (Not a bad lad actually), had a degree in Lesbian Literature. Would have loved to have done the oral for that course... :D

foreman wrote

A previous OC of mine (Not a bad lad actually), had a degree in Lesbian Literature. Would have loved to have done the oral for that course...
What!!! Here I am 180 pts in to an OU BSc in Comms and IT and there is a course on Lesbians!!! Why wasn't I informed of this :p

Seriously though, I bet the subject matter was boring. I don't think the "Lesbian Literature" covered in the course matierial will be the same as what most people are thinking "Lesbian Literature" is. :D

guido said:
yeah we're definately disbanding, bloke in a pub told me. we're to be replaced by digital figure 11's which will come into service 2012, (probably 2025) then by the time the teething problems are sorted our country will have long gone anyway after being swept away in a tsunami after a meteorite lands in the North Sea and whats left of Britain will have been annexed by France.
Bowman will probably be working by then as well, my god is that a flying pig!