corps amalgamation

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by guido, Mar 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I heard we're amalgamating next year with Liberty the human rights people and within five years the Corps will disband and posts will be taken by people with beards who wash seldomly and name their kids after star trek characters

2. not herd mate! people we need more info on this thread!!!!!!!

3. Only the Tech trades.

4. oi nosher - you been taking acid again?

5. I heard that the 'Tech' amalgamation would indeed take place nearing the end of next year with the trade reshuffle!!

Another point was the option of the 'System engineer' doing 3 more modules to become a yeoman. not to sure how long the course would be but more of a cross trade than a new trade.

Not to sure what would happen to 'foreman'????

6. anyone got any hard evidence for this thread

7. None what so ever, hence why its on here :D

8. heard off some ED that they will amalgamate with inst tech! thats what he reckons!!
    as a mech, ive been told that we will now be trained for the 16th edition ( something to do with electrical cabling standards) apparantly this will make the telemech/inst tech more employable corps wide!!
    no idea about the tech re shuffle though! but they are still well over manned arnt they!

9. We're about 300 Tech JNCOs overmanned at the moment, although apparently they can't just stop running Tech Courses at Blandford for a few months (so we're 300 overmanned, but we'll carry on turning an extra 16 out every couple of weeks :roll: ).

Not heard anything about a Tech reshuffle though, apart from the REME rumours that have been flying round for ages - although my REME Tech contacts tell me they're hearing the exact inverse rumours (we're hearing that all Sig Techs will go to REME, they're hearing REME Techs to Sigs), have I missed a new rumour?

10. RS Ops will be replaced by infantry signallers
    Spec Ops will all be remoted to sneaky place
    Inst Techs will be contracted out to RS catalogue
    Sys Engr Techs will be outsourced to REME
    Storemen and Drivers will go to RLC
    EDs will get replaced by sappers
    IS Engrs will get replaced by a PC World call exchange
    AS Ops will get replaced by Nortel internet search bots

That'll leave the officers to drink Pimms all day

Hurray for redundancy

11. poison dwarf you should be an officer if your not already one.

12. not me guv - I'm an 'other rank' and always will be. I annoy far too many people to ever be part of the 'champagne' crowd - ilustrated partly through my often deliberately abrasive posts on ARRSE :D . And, of course (to quote the great cliche), I work for a living.

To be a scaley officer you need to have a relevant degree, er...like theology, geology or marine biology. As long as it's an "ology". And nothng do do with comms, electronics or IT

13. yeah we're definately disbanding, bloke in a pub told me. we're to be replaced by digital figure 11's which will come into service 2012, (probably 2025) then by the time the teething problems are sorted our country will have long gone anyway after being swept away in a tsunami after a meteorite lands in the North Sea and whats left of Britain will have been annexed by France.

14. No your all wrong, as mechanised says "heard off some ED that they will amalgamate with inst tech"

So the new trade will be

end this etc

15. To be a scaley officer you need to have a relevant degree, er...like theology, geology or marine biology. As long as it's an "ology". And nothng do do with comms, electronics or IT[/quote]

Once had a Troop Commander with a degre in Zen Bhuddism. Mad as a kettle of fish.