Corporate voucher eye test

Hello,

does anyone have details of the MOD corporate eye test voucher scheme? It used to be with Specsavers, not sure if it still is.
Is this the system by which you obtained a prescription for respirator lenses that was then sent through the system to have the lenses manufactured (and if you sneakily ticked a box on the form, also obtained a pair of defence (or aviator) glasses?).

I don't know what has changed in the last 10 years or so but the F Med form* could be used at any optician. You paid for the test then claimed the cost back when you submitted the form through the Chief Clerk.

*Can't remember the number but there have been a few threads where the number was quoted.

Remember to photocopy the prescription before giving it to the Chief Clerk.

Hello,

does anyone have details of the MOD corporate eye test voucher scheme? It used to be with Specsavers, not sure if it still is.

If you mean the provision of glasses for DSE use (through DE&S etc) then it's managed at Team level. Your unit/dept's Business team (or perhaps IHub) should be able to sort it out but there's also some bits on Defnet regards the guidance iaw the JSP.

Yes, I mean for Display Screen Equipment. My Admin office is claiming never to have heard of it I cannot find the relevant JSP.

JSP 375. Pt2 Volume 1- Arrangements, Ch12 covers DSE.

Sections 12.2.21 and 12.3

There will be more detail if you do a search on DefNet and/or the DE&S intranet for the relevant MOD Forms for it. :)

Latest Threads