Corporate Sponsorship

ViroBono said:
Quick update on the Selly Oak room - I expect to get a list of what's needed later today.

The room is one of several in an old block, part of which is used by RCDM, and part is a nurses' home (potential visitors note: there is no way of getting from one to t'other). The Defence Medical Welfare Service runs several rooms where relatives of military patients who are VSIL or SIL can stay, often during the most critical period of the patient's treatment. The rooms are quite small, and have shared facilities, but they are on the hospital site and so close to ITU and other areas. Currently they are furnished quite basically. At first the accommodation was poor - the words 'MoD' and 'underfunding' will spring to mind, but with donations and some sponsorship (a lot from PAX), the overall facilities have been improved.

It doesn't take much imagination to see the difference a good quality, comfortable bed, some decent furniture and other items will make.
Following the above, and further to the emails I’ve sent to the toy and book people, I'll be contacting some furniture chains for assistance. If we can get direct corporate donations of equipment for the families’ rooms, magazines, books, card / board games and toys to keep patients and their visitors occupied, as well as possibly being able to tap them for help when we have an emergency case, then that will be great. I’m also contacting supermarkets to see what help they’d be willing to offer.

FYI, given that we’re yet to achieve charity status, I’ve couched the emails in terms of their willingness to help in principle, when we’re able to furnish them with our bona fides.

So that we can keep track of the companies contacted, please quote the last list and add your own. I have contacted or will be contacting the following:

IKEA
MFI
DFS
M&S
BhS
Macmillan Publishers
Constable & Robinson Ltd
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
The Random House Group
Penguin Group UK
Hodder Headline
3M