Corporal of Horse Michael John FLYNN CGC MC

Discussion in 'RAC' started by wellyhead, Dec 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Missed in the report on the VC and GC winners is CoH Flynn, CGC winner in Iraq 2003 and MC winner Afganistan 2006

Well done and balls of steel sir

2. I cannot believe he is still in the army. He also crewed a CVR/T in the Falklands. A fine soldier indeed. Well done Taff. Incidentally no one from the Household Cavalry is allowed to win a VC thanks to Queen Victoria herself. Apparently nothing is above & beyond the call of duty for a Household Cavalryman. :)

3. Mick why does it not surprise me you have been up to no good again??... congrats!.....
    anyway...... found this video on youtube from the lads on herric 4. i think its bloody marv! lots of 30mm and coax and big bangs. enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWjTbVWm3ss

4. Congratulations Taff, well done mate!

5. He got out for a while then applied to rejoin so is finishing the balance of his 22. This means that though he is older than us he can still play in the Regiment. Jealous?? You bet your arse I am.

6. Medal bar and a half!

Well done!

7. Congratulations. Is the citation on-line?

8. If I could a.) still fit in a turret and b.) was actually any good at it in the first place I would be jealous. But I'll stick with pride and admiration :worship:

9. Well Done Michael :wink:

10. Well done that man.

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The sad bit is that there was so little exposure in the UK news about this happening!

12. It's not newsworthy unless one of ours gets killed. I rarely hear reports of:
    "In heavy fighting in Helmand province British Forces have killed and captured 35 Taleban" for example. It only gets a mention when we lose someone.

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Didnt we lose 3 or 4 on this occaision?

14. HCAV VC

Possibly an urban myth.

Edited to add: Any pics of his medal bar

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The Medal says "For Valour", The "call of duty" thing smells a bit yankish!