Corporal of Horse Michael John FLYNN CGC MC

Missed in the report on the VC and GC winners is CoH Flynn, CGC winner in Iraq 2003 and MC winner Afganistan 2006

Well done and balls of steel sir

I cannot believe he is still in the army. He also crewed a CVR/T in the Falklands. A fine soldier indeed. Well done Taff. Incidentally no one from the Household Cavalry is allowed to win a VC thanks to Queen Victoria herself. Apparently nothing is above & beyond the call of duty for a Household Cavalryman. :)

Congratulations Taff, well done mate!

the_butler said:
I cannot believe he is still in the army. He also crewed a CVR/T in the Falklands. A fine soldier indeed. Well done Taff. Incidentally no one from the Household Cavalry is allowed to win a VC thanks to Queen Victoria herself. Apparently nothing is above & beyond the call of duty for a Household Cavalryman. :)
He got out for a while then applied to rejoin so is finishing the balance of his 22. This means that though he is older than us he can still play in the Regiment. Jealous?? You bet your arse I am.

Blues_Cav said:
the_butler said:
He got out for a while then applied to rejoin so is finishing the balance of his 22. This means that though he is older than us he can still play in the Regiment. Jealous?? You bet your arrse I am.
If I could a.) still fit in a turret and b.) was actually any good at it in the first place I would be jealous. But I'll stick with pride and admiration :worship:

ugly

LE
The sad bit is that there was so little exposure in the UK news about this happening!

ugly said:
The sad bit is that there was so little exposure in the UK news about this happening!
It's not newsworthy unless one of ours gets killed. I rarely hear reports of:
"In heavy fighting in Helmand province British Forces have killed and captured 35 Taleban" for example. It only gets a mention when we lose someone.

ugly

LE
Didnt we lose 3 or 4 on this occaision?

the_butler said:

HCAV VC

Possibly an urban myth.

Edited to add: Any pics of his medal bar

ugly

LE
The Medal says "For Valour", The "call of duty" thing smells a bit yankish!

Snakes_R_Us said:
the_butler said:

HCAV VC

Possibly an urban myth.

Edited to add: Any pics of his medal bar
John Spencer Dunville was a member of the Royal dragoons who only became part of the Household Cavalry in 1969 when they amalgamated with The Royal Horse Guards. long after his death.
not an urban myth

Congratulations Taff you old goat, well done mate! hope to see you at the Reg Dinner next year?
Told you you shauld have been with us in A Sqn in 82, Feck all the cold wet sh1t.
Stag on.

Bop,Bop,Bop.

Well done mick, I see you still have the knack of being in the thick of the action!! all the best to you and the lads from D Sqn. Fond memories of everyone.

well done mick
and not to forget the rest of the D Sqn Guys Honored

The Conspicuous Gallantry Cross (CGC)

Lance Corporal of Horse Andrew Geoffrey RADFORD The Life Guards

The Military Cross (MC)
Staff Corporal Shaun Keith FRY Life Guards
Captain Patrick James WILLIAMS The Blues and Royals

see link below for the latest Operational list

Honours and Awards List