corp flashes in iraq....

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by ZEMTEX, Sep 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. corp flashes in iraq, is there somthing laid down on op orders refering to units having to wear flashes?

There is an RHA unit deploying in the future but seem to think that corp flashes are not reqd?
    I recall 1RHA wearing them during telic4 and other RA units wearing them , be it there own numerals on the RA flash....

Any one shed any light on this matter pls?

2. Bumptiddlybumpittybump?

3. Hmmmmmm Tactical Recognition Flashes hmmmmmmmm BUMP!

4. BUMP

5. Hmmmm, is this a Waah? If it is I'll fall for it!
    I believe it is Regt/Corps policy, not Army, for Regts to wear the TRF, Tactical Recognition Flash. In my Corps it is policy on Ops and in camp to wear it whatever Regt your are in (Within the Corps). It is supposed to identify what Regt/Corps you are, but I think driving a fuel truck/building a bridge/cooking an egg/holding a speed camera, might also give away your trade!

6. Or firing a big f*ck off gun!

7. Or the duty tour t-shirt! giving your unit, tour dates and even all the nick names of all the lads in your section ect.. !!!:)

8. Not all at once i hope?

9. Only if you're AGC(SPS)! :lol:

10. but I think driving a fuel truck/building a bridge/cooking an egg/holding a speed camera, might also give away your trade!

Mmmmm sounds like you are in a TA advert to me.

TA .... Be the rest

11. Just out of interest - why the big hoo-haa about TRFs.

I recently had sight of a Corps RSMs email about a similar subject and he appeared to be all hot under the collar about it.

I have them and I wear them - because I have been told to do so.

It really is no big deal... or is it?