Coroner blames Grunt CO

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
Times online

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article2022848.ece


"Andrew Walker, deputy assistant coroner for Oxfordshire, said at the inquest into the deaths yesterday that Lieutenant-Colonel Lindsay MacDuff, commanding officer of 3rd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland (known as The Black Watch), failed to pass on details of a change to the firing boundary between his battle group’s patrol zone and a zone monitored by the Royal Fusiliers.

The Black Watch tank fired on the Fusiliers tank near the Shatt al-Basra canal in southern Iraq in March 2003, four days into the invasion. "
 
#2
Nice to see the Times get it wrong, so the QRL became Fusiliers did they, and 2RTR became the Black Watch. In another paper they even said Steve was a Cpl in the RRF, both tanks fired at each other did they :roll:

Fecking bollox
 
#3
scarletto said:
Nice to see the Times get it wrong, so the QRL became Fusiliers did they, and 2RTR became the Black Watch. In another paper they even said Steve was a Cpl in the RRF, both tanks fired at each other did they :roll:

Fecking bollox
Quite. Stunning reporting I thought.
 
#4
scarletto said:
Nice to see the Times get it wrong, so the QRL became Fusiliers did they, and 2RTR became the Black Watch. In another paper they even said Steve was a Cpl in the RRF, both tanks fired at each other did they :roll:

Fecking bollox
I was wondering if it was the QRL incident when I read the part PE4rocks had quoted, but thought I must have had it wrong! "The Queen’s Royal Lancers, Royal Fusiliers Regiment" :roll:
 
#5
Just to play devil's advocate, I think the Times article is refering to the battlegroups rather than the actual parent regiment of the challenger callsigns.
 
#7
private_army said:
Just to play devil's advocate, I think the Times article is refering to the battlegroups rather than the actual parent regiment of the challenger callsigns.
In all honesty I don't think the person who wrote the article grasps the distinction as the bit I quoted "The Queen’s Royal Lancers, Royal Fusiliers Regiment" implies that the QRL are a part of the Royal Fusiliers.
 
#8
Also then Steve is reported in the metro as a Cpl in the RRF, so stick your Devils advocate bit up your arse
 
#9
The 'Gutter Press'/ 'Paparazzi' normally have a problem naming regiments correctly at the best of times, you'd think one of thier so called military experts would take time out and explain to them what a BG is! :x Or are they completely and totally inept? :roll:
 

elovabloke

ADC
Moderator
#10
Bloody tough crew on here today. Half the folks on arrse do not know the diference between a crunt carrier, recce wagon and panzer. Fancy expecting a paper that is just there to make money to get its facts right. Those days have long gone.

Contact the ttwwwwaaaaaattttttssssss and put them write if you feel it's that big a deal.
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#12
Not a Blue on Blue without any Yanks involved? I know we are doing their dirty work but zapping our own when they are much better at it? It beggars belief!
 
#13
Hey Ugly
Ask the lads in Afghanistan if they would like to change to RAF protection and tell the USAF to shove it. I think not, 25,000 air strikes called by the UK forces in Afghanistan..........24,500 from the USAF.
'We are doing their dirty work' my a.se we are. They have more troops in theatre than we have in the army. More planes that BA and have seen off more Islamists than we have troops in Basra.
If the UK press and court system is crap, dont make yourself feel better by slamming another country, change the damn system
 
#14
soprano54 said:
The 'Gutter Press'/ 'Paparazzi' ... ...are they completely and totally inept? :roll:
Yes.

hth
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#15
As an East Lancs lad married to a scouser calm down eh!
Recognise satire?
 
#16
ugly said:
As an East Lancs lad married to a scouser calm down eh!
Recognise satire?

Prolly had it nicked by some scall! :wink:
 
#17
soprano54 said:
The 'Gutter Press'/ 'Paparazzi' normally have a problem naming regiments correctly at the best of times, you'd think one of thier so called military experts would take time out and explain to them what a BG is! :x Or are they completely and totally inept? :roll:
The RAF don't know what a BG is, so how the fcuk some 2/2 english grad with a serious drug and child porn habit and word 2000 is going to understand it i don't know.
 
#18
Well i did email them, and so people on here dont know the difference, however in the interests of RAC/RTR relations i wont post anything else about this incident.
 
#19
I'm sure there is an MOD report on this that i've read..
about 200 pages of bullshit..1 line of clarity regarding arcs of fire not being reported when changed..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top