Coroner blames Grunt CO

Discussion in 'RAC' started by PE4rocks, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Times online

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article2022848.ece

"Andrew Walker, deputy assistant coroner for Oxfordshire, said at the inquest into the deaths yesterday that Lieutenant-Colonel Lindsay MacDuff, commanding officer of 3rd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland (known as The Black Watch), failed to pass on details of a change to the firing boundary between his battle group’s patrol zone and a zone monitored by the Royal Fusiliers.

The Black Watch tank fired on the Fusiliers tank near the Shatt al-Basra canal in southern Iraq in March 2003, four days into the invasion. "

2. Nice to see the Times get it wrong, so the QRL became Fusiliers did they, and 2RTR became the Black Watch. In another paper they even said Steve was a Cpl in the RRF, both tanks fired at each other did they :roll:

Fecking bollox

3. Quite. Stunning reporting I thought.

4. I was wondering if it was the QRL incident when I read the part PE4rocks had quoted, but thought I must have had it wrong! "The Queen’s Royal Lancers, Royal Fusiliers Regiment" :roll:

5. Just to play devil's advocate, I think the Times article is refering to the battlegroups rather than the actual parent regiment of the challenger callsigns.

6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

7. In all honesty I don't think the person who wrote the article grasps the distinction as the bit I quoted "The Queen’s Royal Lancers, Royal Fusiliers Regiment" implies that the QRL are a part of the Royal Fusiliers.

8. Also then Steve is reported in the metro as a Cpl in the RRF, so stick your Devils advocate bit up your arse

9. The 'Gutter Press'/ 'Paparazzi' normally have a problem naming regiments correctly at the best of times, you'd think one of thier so called military experts would take time out and explain to them what a BG is! :x Or are they completely and totally inept? :roll:

10. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Bloody tough crew on here today. Half the folks on arrse do not know the diference between a crunt carrier, recce wagon and panzer. Fancy expecting a paper that is just there to make money to get its facts right. Those days have long gone.

Contact the ttwwwwaaaaaattttttssssss and put them write if you feel it's that big a deal.

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Not a Blue on Blue without any Yanks involved? I know we are doing their dirty work but zapping our own when they are much better at it? It beggars belief!

12. Hey Ugly
    Ask the lads in Afghanistan if they would like to change to RAF protection and tell the USAF to shove it. I think not, 25,000 air strikes called by the UK forces in Afghanistan..........24,500 from the USAF.
    'We are doing their dirty work' my a.se we are. They have more troops in theatre than we have in the army. More planes that BA and have seen off more Islamists than we have troops in Basra.
    If the UK press and court system is crap, dont make yourself feel better by slamming another country, change the damn system

13. Yes.

hth

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

As an East Lancs lad married to a scouser calm down eh!
    Recognise satire?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.