Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This about the kid involved - "In the letter, the aspiring soldier said he had "good gun aim", was fast and would do lots of practice."
No doubt a career as a street hoodlum awaits if he gets turned down for the Army!
Did the lorry still have the wheels on after the photo op?

Missus came home yesterday, she's NOT a nurse....
Been moved to caring for
'End of Life Covid patients' all very dignified etc. high turnover though...

I've cracked open a Hot Cross Bun,
Just in case!
Mine took early retirement, so she's sat with her feet up while I'm out mixing with the great unwashed. ;)

This is from today's The Australian. I've highlighted a couple of aspects. It is already out of date, with two more men, aged 68 and 73, dying after returning from cruises. Even an old analyst like me can see some patterns forming here:

View attachment 461812

Those cruise ships must just be full of old people - it would be like having a holiday in a care home FFS!

You won't get me on one of those things again...it was bad enough on the QE2 and Canberra in 1982.

Those cruise ships must just be full of old people - it would be like having a holiday in a care home FFS!

You won't get me on one of those things again...it was bad enough on the QE2 and Canberra in 1982.

A few weeks (3?) on HMS Fearless in the Med in '74 was enough for me. Sailors are a . . . strange lot.

Shortened Commissioning Parade just starting at Sandbags with special drill (double open order), no outside spectators and no-one representing the Queen. The new Commandant's first parade.

Cadets in MTP and just the Seniors on parade. One to remember.

Shortened Commissioning Parade just starting at Sandbags with special drill (double open order), no outside spectators and no-one representing the Queen. The new Commandant's first parade.

Cadets in MTP and just the Seniors on parade. One to remember.
A shame for the cadets and their families. My father was immensely proud when he went to my commissioning parade.

I had a strange dream last night.
We had developed a cure for this virus, we vaccinated the UK, Oz, NZ, Canada and Western Europe against it, but we let it run riot around the rest of the world, decimating the US, India China Russia and Africa.

Global population was thinned out massively. The Earth started to slowly regrow and heal itself.

This virus is that mutant Greta Turdbergs doing.

Sounds like a viable plan to me.....

Were I ever to go on a cruise, I think that kind would be vastly preferable to one on one of those massive cruise ships that looks like the Park Hill Estate raised on a hull and populated by a similar demographic; the severely socially dysfuntional.

Participation in the bingo is not compulsory and I expect one would soon acclimatise to the all-pervading smell of piss.

Just seen quite a few people hanging round in groups in the local multi-story car park.

It's wrong on so many levels.

Very droll...

Mind you about 5ish yesterday afternoon while cycling home from work (and getting my exercise at the same time) I counted over 90 people in the streets in the 1.5 mile route. A few were in their gardens washing cars or gardening, but about 50% were in groups of 2-4 people (some with children). The rest were either lycra clad "look at me I'm cycling" type or joggers.

Positively crowded...

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-02 at 12.45.05.jpeg