Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.
But. If it goes through and snuffs out XR weirdos and council estate doley benefits scrounging mongs, that can only be a good thing.
Sadley those fcukers seem to live for ever , a mate who`s a GP gets pissed off as he says they drink/smoke/take illegal drugs , eat shit food , dont work but often last longer than clean living types.

Sadley those fcukers seem to live for ever , a mate who`s a GP gets pissed off as he says they drink/smoke/take illegal drugs , eat shit food , dont work but often last longer than clean living types.
Its working that kills you. Or at least grinds enough out of you to leave you vulnerable.

Living in outback Queensland. Not overly concerned as not many people around and those that are haven't traveled much further than the next town over. Plenty of bush tucker here so meat will be fresh. Camel, cow, roo are all good eating. Get the occasional bungarra as well but that tastes like chicken.

Considering they're prescribed for bacterial infections they're all but useless against any viruses.

...which is the GP bullsh1t with which they routinely fob patients off

' Can't give you anything for it, it's a virus'

Um....there is an entire class of drugs which are designated 'Anti Virals' ?

The clue is in the name ?

The current Chinese response to their enormous issue includes manufacturing under licence, an anti-viral drug called Remdesivir.

It was brought in as a potential counter to Ebola and Marburg virus - but has since been used, with apparent success, on a patient in the U.S with SARS2/COVID-19.

In late January 2020, remdesivir was administered to the first US patient to be confirmed to be infected by SARS-CoV-2, in Snohomish County, Washington, for "compassionate use" after he progressed to pneumonia. While no broad conclusions were made based on the single treatment, the patient's condition improved dramatically the next day,[18] and he was eventually discharged.[19]

Gilead to Expand Coronavirus Drug Trials to Other Countries

In Europe, the German Big Pharma outfit Merck has also trialled an anti-viral treatment, which saved the life of a MSF nurse who had contracted Ebola while working in Libya in 2017.

Industry article here: Coronavirus vaccine development needs large-scale producer.

Glaxo are doubtless in touch with various UK authorities to see how much money they can make - what help they may be able to give in the area of anti-viral drugs.

Breaking: First Brit casualty reported died in Japan....one of the Cruise ship passengers. Japan Health Ministry announcement according to Aunty. RIP.

Last edited:
Hmm

3E514F1D-B56B-4F19-ACE9-763EEB54E780.jpeg

We`re off to France for the weekend in a few weeks, Mrs is a bit jumpy about it all developing a bit more by then.
The media is having a field day with the panic of it all, whether warranted or not. I just wonder what sort of coverage this would`ve got in times past, for instance the 1970s ?

There is no way it will be stopped from spreading if it reaches the stage Italy have achieved .
We live in the country side have food and our own well , milk from cows on farm but ,
went to the garage today and just looking at how the population are going about life as we all do just one person in the checkout line could have infected 100's who passed through the garage just by touching infrastructure and even by the act of paying for fuel either by card or cash .... I think touching infected items is more likely the path of infection than wearing masks.... wear gloves that's my advice .
But then being a farm / countryside dweller my hands probably on a daily basis have more germs / viral things on them than most see in a year ......

...which is the GP bullsh1t with which they routinely fob patients off

' Can't give you anything for it, it's a virus'

Um....there is an entire class of drugs which are designated 'Anti Virals' ?

Perhaps they're reluctant to casually prescribe anti virals for the same reason we're now facing actual concerning pathogens such as the rise in serious bacterial infections e.g. MRSA (the casual prescription of hundreds of millions of courses of antibiotics over several decades to fob off hypochondriac patients' from GP wards).

Let's face it, mass prescribe antivirals to combat a virus that the vast majority of healthy individuals' immune systems can deal with, subsequently risking accelerated mutation and resistance across other variations of viral infection?

Anyone worried should watch the mini series Utopia, which was on channel 4 in 2012. Complete paranoia.

Just on a side note, I’ve noticed they’ve started limiting the amount of FFP3 face masks in Screwfix, erm, so I’ve heard.

Coronavirus.
Pfffft, its just a mild cold FFS. Healthy people have nothing to worry about.

The elderly and the sick are at risk granted. I'm more worried about the amount of bloody rainwater flowing into already swollen rivers myself.

Genuinely concerned about the economic and productivity losses cased by overreaction fear...

This is not going to lead to World War Z, .....
World War C, surely.