Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishGuard

Old-Salt
Given that I am in my mid seventies it's a bit of a worry but I live in a quiet area which will enable me to stay out of circulation as much as possible.

Not quite sure on which of the China Virus threads to post this gem:

What did make me smile was that one of the 'men', and I use that term loosely, is from the Canberra suburb of Hackett.

I went to a RTC on night duty, I was about to approach the vehicle when I was informed covid was suspected, I was
tenor (1).gif

After a week of avoiding the news on TV, relented and watched some.
One of the stats that got thrown out was half of all NHS identified Covid-19 cases ended up in hospital.
This got me worried, then I realised at people are probably only contacting the NHS when they are really crook.

Has the UK Gov been able to track the mild cases that are self diagnosised and result in the person self isolating and no NHS involvement?

A woman in Sydney is pulled over by police and gets all spitty and generally obnoxious. Extract from The Australian:

A Sydney woman has faced court after allegedly spitting on a police officer following a vehicle pursuit in Sydney’s southwest on Friday afternoon.

The woman allegedly told police after being pulled over that she was on her way to be tested for COVID-19; an officer is currently being tested for the illness, though the woman did not show obvious symptoms for the virus, police said.

Footage obtained by The Weekend Australian shows the woman – identified as Hannah Ayoub, 25, – shouting “let me go, I want my lawyer”, before twice spitting on the officer.

Officers will allege in court that just after 5pm, they attempted to stop her Audi while on patrol in the suburb of Greenacre. As they conducted a U-turn to pursue the vehicle, it allegedly accelerated at a speed of about 120 km/h.
The speed limit on that street is 50km/h, police said.

She then allegedly ignored a red light signal at the intersection of Mimosa Road, and crossed unbroken lines to overtake a vehicle, police said.

In footage captured by bystanders once the vehicle was pulled over, the arresting officer told the handcuffed driver “not to spit on me”, before bringing her to the ground when she did so a second time.

The woman was taken to Bankstown police station and charged with drive recklessly/furiously or speed/manner dangerous, motor vehicle exceed speed more than 45km/h, drive motor vehicle during disqualification period, and assault officer in execution of duty.

An extract of the arrest can be seen here:

And a much longer video is in the news article here:

Cultural misunderstanding perhaps? She's out on bail, of course.

Latest update:

Back in Heathrow, waiting for my flight to Aberdeen.

Gouged by BA on the last leg, but no surprises there.

Interesting that people are now taking ‘social distancing’ very seriously here. But it’s easy to do as there are not many people.

The place is nearly empty, all the eateries are closed, all the other shops are closed, except for Boots where you can ‘build your own horror bag’. Somehow I’m mildly disappointed there’s no wagon wheels.

Most people in T5 seem to be going home.

Latest update:

Back in Heathrow, waiting for my flight to Aberdeen.

Gouged by BA on the last leg, but no surprises there.

Interesting that people are now taking ‘social distancing’ very seriously here. But it’s easy to do as there are not many people.

The place is nearly empty, all the eateries are closed, all the other shops are closed, except for Boots where you can ‘build your own horror bag’. Somehow I’m mildly disappointed there’s no wagon wheels.

Most people in T5 seem to be going home.
Good news.

Am liking the Italian method of dealing with those outdoors

Oh I do like a good old fashioned Sweeping Leg Kick, works for me everytime. Usually followed by two man double wristlock and application of handcuffs, and liberal dose of pain.

A pair of public health experts from Stanford, Drs. Eran Bendavid and Jay Bhattacharya, warn Americans in a Wall Street Journal editorial that the current estimates about the coronavirus' fatality rate may be too high by "orders of magnitude."

That would be my sense too - but will reserve judgement until enough reliable empirical data is available...

Not quite sure on which of the China Virus threads to post this gem:

What did make me smile was that one of the 'men', and I use that term loosely, is from the Canberra suburb of Hackett.
Hope the cnuts have the book thrown at them and both forcibly immersed in bleach.
The ****ishness of some folks is beyond belief.

My 14 yr old just said "can we get a new tv so we can all sit around and watch the world fall apart?"
Only after dad has stocked up on booze.
Can't really blame the request.

Oh I do like a good old fashioned Sweeping Leg Kick, works for me everytime. Usually followed by two man double wristlock and application of handcuffs, and liberal dose of pain.
Agreed. At times like these, any @#£& need to be treated as such. Folks could loose family thanks to idiots who won't comply.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
My 14 yr old just said "can we get a new tv so we can all sit around and watch the world fall apart?"
To be fair, it does need updating!
1585402534519.png