Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.
12L

It's getting worse, I've got a cough, my chest and back are hurting as well.
Its got nothing to do with that weight lifting set I did this morning, I've got the dreaded Chinese death lurgy!
12L I bet your missus, is a happy lady

Here's where things start to get interesting, when essential services such as food production and preparation are no longer available, let alone getting them to market. Hopefully this will be an isolated incident, rather than the bow-wave of a trend.

'About a thousand food production workers walked out over coronavirus safety fears at a major plant in Northern Ireland yesterday as unions called for all non-essential factories to be shut down.

'Unite reported that bosses at the Moy Park site in Portadown rejected safety proposals put forward by the union, leading to the spontaneous mass walk-out. Food factories are deemed essential businesses and are allowed to stay open during the coronavirus crisis, but bosses must ensure the safety of staff, including the use of social-distancing measures. But Unite regional officer Steve McKeever accused management at the poultry giant of ignoring the concerns of its workforce.

Moy Park in Dunngannon employs 1000s of Portuguese passport holds from Timor

I've thought of a two fold way to reduce the idiots congregating for bbq's and the like and a way to entertain everyone else.

Police taser drones.

That and a new TV entertainment show called.

'You've been Shocked'

what do you think? :D
And Battle Royale the TV show to give the little scrotes something to do now that Jeremy Kyle is off air

Satire but I suspect it's not far from truth for a lot of self employed people now.
I bet!!! :mrgreen:

Slime

LE
For me things are really getting sorted now.
I’m now getting a phone call from a paramedic twice per day, and they do breathing tests over the phone.
I’ve been put on two lots of anti biotics plus steroids.

The meds are ready to be picked up within an hour or two of a phone call, and the whole system seems smoother.

Technically yes, most of of them only work one shift a week, so they keep their housing benefits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Really?

mcphee1948

Old-Salt
Has anyone seen dead bodies in the street yet?

Slime

LE
When I did that, I ended up on a register.

You get rewarded with drugs.

Life is so beastly.
Ah, but I’m smart, The NHS know the only military boots I have left are flying boots, so they are leaving me alone as I don’t have anything anyone would admit to wanting :)

For me things are really getting sorted now.
I’m now getting a phone call from a paramedic twice per day, and they do breathing tests over the phone.
I’ve been put on two lots of anti biotics plus steroids.

The meds are ready to be picked up within an hour or two of a phone call, and the whole system seems smoother.
I do a breathing test over the phone with my foxy neighbour.

She doesn't know its a test and she always hangs up shouting 'Pervert!'

Meanwhile posters on military pages are claiming they are bomb proof as they went to a sticky carpet club,drunk beer and were injected with weird shit just to remind everyone they haven't told in the last 5 mins they are ex army.
Surely all hero veterans have the following pinned to their FB page

A British Veteran Is Someone Who At One Point In Their Life Wrote A Blank Cheque Made Payable To The United Kingdom For An Amount Up To And Including Their Lives.

Usually from someone who did 3 years in Tidworth 30 years ago

3 million plus yanks have this week applied for unemployment so far - meanwhile one of our (UK ) leading infectious deseases experts, Neil Ferguson, who advises the govt, has just revised down his original 500k deaths in the uk to less than 20k - half of whom would have died anyway this year due to age and underlying health conditions. UK has enough intensive care units for coronavirus, expert predicts

and hes also now said our existing ICU beds can cope. Also, despite the spikes in reported cases, he % motality rate is also dropping versus the increased numbers of those known or suspected to have suffered CV which is increasingly starting to indicate that, whilst CV is undeniably a serious illness, it is not as lethal as first modelled. Again in the USA the latest Govt bail out package is the equivalent of $16K per person over the age of 18 in the country - the money is not free money the govt can simply just give away and it will rinevitably equire the 'people' to pay back for years to come via taxes and cuts.

these points start to make you think, how good are the models? - shit in, shit out is a good thing to bear in mind, are we over-reacting due to immature data and hype? is twitter and the media being cheerled into a panic by bots and chinese/russian bad actors? can our economies withstand the shock and will we be able to recover? what will happen to the newly unemployed and collapsed businesses? what are we collectively as a nation going to choose to cut in the years ahead eg HS2 , major transport infrastructure in the north, road repairs , social benefits and will our taxes go higher?

as time goes on I am becoming increasingly sceptical and wondering if the cure is going to be worse than the cause

bob231

War Hero
these points start to make you think, how good are the models? - shit in, shit out is a good thing to bear in mind, are we over-reacting due to immature data and hype? is twitter and the media being cheerled into a panic by bots and chinese/russian bad actors? can our economies withstand the shock and will we be able to recover? what will happen to the newly unemployed and collapsed businesses? what are we collectively as a nation going to choose to cut in the years ahead eg HS2 , major transport infrastructure in the north, road repairs , social benefits and will our taxes go higher?
I commend to you Daniel Kahneman's "Thinking, Fast and Slow" and any books by Nicholas Nassim Taleb.

However, in short, we have demonstrated that humans will take greater risks and more radical action when presented with models which they know have been made up. I'm not sure I want to change my vote back to "business as usual" just yet - needs at least another few weeks - but we may have shot ourselves in the foot here.

Latest Threads